Chapter three: Its a "Mini Van"

•The end of the day•

"Is this your car?" Ava asked me. "Minivan," I corrected laughing. "Just get in." We got in and I drove to a pizza place a block away from the school. "Yay pizza! My favorite food everrr." She yelled and drew out the r. As we were walking in, I noticed the guys from English class sitting down in a booth laughing together. Then they immediately shut up when we walked in.

Ava took a seat in the booth behind them. "Why'd we have to sit near, them." I whispered. She just rolled her eyes. Later we got our pizza and the guys behind us left, all except the one with green hair. He just sat there finishing his pizza, I guess his friends just ditched him. Interrupting my thoughts Ava's phone rang.

"Hello? Yeah, what! Where?! Millie talk clearly!! Is Mom okay? I'll be right there." She hung up,"Ineedtoborrowyourcar,-van-,minivan-whateveritis!" Then she grabbed my keys and ran out the door. "okay yeah sure Ava you can borrow it, make sure it's back-" I shook my head. I watched her get in and drive off going a lot over the speed limit. "And yeah Ava I'll pay for the food too." I whispered. Behind me I heard a slight snicker. I laid some money on the table and went to the booth behind me and plopped down in front of the green haired boy.

He looked surprised, seeing him up close he looked nice. "Hey," I took a breath "looks like you got ditched too." He tilted his head and ran his tongue over his lips before speaking. "Yeah, I did." I smiled slightly. "I'm Michael. Michael Clifford." "Haha Clifford like the big red dog!" I snickered. Michael looked confused. "Never mind that. I'm Callie Williams." He stuck out his hand. I placed mine in his hand and shook it. This was gonna be the start of a great friendship. I can just tell.