Chapter 18: How can i be fine?

Months had passed since that day. Michael wasn't the same. He never talked to me, or anyone in fact. Ashton was back to himself giggling all the time. And me? I wasn't okay. Every night I relived the crash. Either Michael died or Ashton died in my dreams. Everyone thought I was fine. But how could I be fine? I didn't want to go anywhere, I wanted to stay in my room all day, and I was afraid of cars. I just couldn't deal with it.

I was sad, and all I wanted was my old life back. I wished I had never moved here, never met Michael and never fell in love with him.

----

I woke up from my nap and got off my bed and went outside. I jumped my fence, darted through my neighbors yard, over their fence, and finally landed in Michaels backyard. I needed to see him. I knew for a fact he wasn't in his house he was in his old treehouse he and his grandad built when he was younger. He always went up there when he couldn't take the world.

When I reached the top and peaked in he was lying on a little twin sized bed with a blanket thrown over him. He had his headphones in and from where I was I could here Green Day blaring. Walking near the bed I sat down in a wooden chair. I knew he was gonna open his eyes sometime and see me there. Tears started flowing down my cheeks onto my shirt. I put my hand into my face and cried. Soon enough there was a slight gasp, "Callie?" I looked up. My eyes landed on him, he had turned his music off and was just looking at me. "Don't look at me like that." I whispered through sniffles. "You think you're the only one with problems?" He never answered. "I was the only one awake! I crawled on to Ashton and made sure he was fine, his blood got all over me. And when I got to you I told you everything was gonna be okay! I held the bleeding head and tried to do everything I could! Every night when I go to sleep I relive it! And sometimes you die or Ashton dies. And you think you have problems? You weren't the one awake!!" I screamed. At this point I fell out of the chair and bawled.

His arms went round my waist and pulled me onto the bed next to him. I curled up next to him and sobbed. Then I woke up. I woke up in my bed. A tear rolled down my face. It had all been a dream.

[writers note: this may be a little confusing for some! The car crash was not a dream, Callie visiting Michael was a dream that's why it's in bold font! Sorry for the confusion xoxo]