Their Final Decision

It was a final battle in the Darklands between two plumbers and the King of the Koopas. Those two plumbers are Mario and Luigi. With their fire flowers, they went open fire on King Koopa as the dragon turtle hybrid threw hammers at both plumbers and breathing out his fire breath repeatedly. Each time, the brothers would duck, jump, dodge.

How did the two plumbers get to the Darklands? What kind of world are they in fighting off a dragon turtle hybrid? Why are they fighting this hybrid creature anyway?

Despite the Mario family being Italian, the Mario Brothers' home was in a city called Brooklyn. They worked as plumbers, and unfortunately they had a mean boss when they started out. They didn't talk to the boss all that much though since they're always on the road to homes that need plumbing. It would be whether it's unclogging toilets or fixing leaks as examples. Sometimes they would even fix up leaks in the sewers. It was gross, but part of working is getting out of the comfort zone.

That was how they both discovered these warp pipes.

It was another Wednesday afternoon in Brooklyn; specifically after lunch. Mario and Luigi had returned to work in a sewer. There was a leak in a few of the pipes. About 7 pipes had leaks to be exact. When the brothers arrived at the scene, Mario told Luigi what the plan is; split up and fix the pipes. That way their work would be done faster. Good thing the pipes are across from each other. Mario and Luigi won't have to be separated far.

So far Mario fixed up three pipes and Luigi fixed up two pipes. There was one leaking pipe left. The two brothers turned to each other and nodded with determination. They were both going to fix the last pipe together.

They only took two steps to the pipe, and that's when they heard something coming from inside the pipe. Mario took out his flashlight while Luigi hugged his brother's arm in fear. The sound inside the pipes sounded like crawling (or in the old school Mario Bros. game's case; scuffling of feet). The brothers took some steps back and out came...a turtle. Luigi gave out a shriek, and then chuckled.

"Uhh, bad turtle." he scolded the turtle nervously. "Don't scare us like that."

"Wait, Luigi. This doesn't look like any other turtle." Mario told his brother as he got a closer look.

This turtle really doesn't look like any other turtle the brothers have seen when they've gone to the beach with their parents many Summers ago when they were still children; though it's only bits and pieces now. They can still remember seeing turtles. The children tried to get near them, but their parents wouldn't allow them. No turtle looked like...that head-wise. The eyes are close together and above its huge nose. The turtle seemed to have actual hands and is wearing shoes; those are highly unusual. The turtle-like thing exit the pipe and both brothers ran.

"W-What do we do Mario?" Luigi asked frantically.

Mario and Luigi both dropped down a few ground below. Mario heard the creature coming. Just as the turtle-thing is just one ground below them, Mario jumped on the ground above; tripping the creature. It lay there stunned.

"I think I have an idea..." Mario exclaimed.

The plumbing job turned to extermination as they jumped on the grounds above to trip more turtle-like creatures and knock them into the water. There wasn't just these turtle creatures; there are also crabs and flies. The crabs look normal, but the flies don't. They look much bigger than an average fly should. Still, very strange.

All this time, one question lingers the plumbers' minds; where did these creatures come from?

Sure it's the warp pipe, but there's probably more to this.

After long hours, the extermination is done. The brothers quickly fixed the last leaking pipe and that's it. The plumbing is finally done.

"Whew." Luigi breathed out as he wiped the sweat off his forehead. "That was a lot of work for the entire afternoon." He starts pulling Mario's arm. "Now let's get out of here before those weird creatures come back."