Chapter 13

"Start from the beginning, Jax." Kate suggested.

Jax thought about Kate's words: From the beginning. He didn't know from which part of his life to begin. Sometimes he didn't know when his life officially started. For 34 years he experienced so much pain and chaos, and he doubts if any other person has been through so much for almost two and a half decades of their life. "Where do you want me to start from?" He thought out loud.

"Whatever you're comfortable sharing." Kate said. "We've got plenty of time."

Jax looked at Kate's face. Her face is filled with concern, curiosity, and compassion. She wasn't going to let this go and Jax thought that maybe he didn't want her to. He had to tell her about his past. She already witnessed him hit rock bottom when he was lying drunk on the kitchen floor. He took a deep breath in and leaned back. He looked at her. "What do you want to know?"

Jax could tell Kate is thinking about how to answer his question. She wasn't sure how much she wanted to know. Would Jax tell her his entire life story or would it be a brief summary? He took a bite from the French toast and waited for Kate to speak up.

"I want to know everything. Who are you? Who is Jackson Teller? I mean the real Jackson Teller." She replied.

Jax heavily sighed, but nodded his head. He had a gut feeling that he would have to start from the very beginning. "I'm 34. I was born and raised in Charming, California. It's a small town. My parents were Gemma and John Teller. My father was the president of the Sons of Anarchy motorcycle club. He served in Vietnam and when he returned from the war he met Gemma and they got married."

"The tattoo on your back..." Kate quietly remarked.

"That's right. It's the logo for the club." Jax confirmed her question. "Many of the members get it after they have patched in."

"When did you get the reaper tattoo?" Kate asked. "What about the other tattoos?"

"Abel and Thomas are the names of my sons. The big tattoo was a memorial for my dad after he died and I wanted to honor him. I started as a prospect when I was almost 17. I had to endure so many ridiculous tasks from the patched members, but I didn't quit. I wanted to prove to them that I would do anything to become a member. A couple of days after my birthday I became an official member. They gave me a kutte which is technically a leather vest and that was one of the happiest days of my life. On that same day I decided to get the reaper tattoo."

"How long did it take for the tattoo to be completed? It's very big in size. I can't imagine you would have done it for one session." Kate wondered.

Jax had a small smile

Jax had a small smile. "I did it in one sitting." He admitted.

"No way. You're joking." Kate exclaimed. "You must have endured so much pain. Why didn't you split it for a couple of sessions?"

"I wanted to prove to them that I can endure anything." Jax chuckled. "One giant tattoo wasn't going to ruin it for me."