Chapter 22

(AN: Kate's outfit)

Kate looked at herself in the mirror

Kate looked at herself in the mirror. She debated if the outfit she chose would be too much for the drive-in theater. The nights started to get colder which indicated that autumn will be starting soon. She can't even remember the last time she wore a leather jacket. She decided that dark jeans and a black shirt would go well with the leather jacket. Her dad came over an hour ago to get Ava. She would stay over at their house until the next afternoon. When Kate explained to Ava that she and Jax would be going on another date, Ava got excited. She said to Kate that Mr.Teller better be keeping his pinkie promise about being nice. Kate reassured Ava that Mr.Teller is absolutely keeping his pinkie promise.

Kate heard the doorbell ring. She grabbed her purse and the two bags which contained blankets and pillows. She opened the door and saw Jax standing there with a smile on his face, but his facial expression quickly changed to one of surprise when he saw Kate's outfit. He thought she looked very sexy with the leather jacket. He was quiet and Kate thought maybe there's something wrong with her outfit. "Maybe I need to change the outfit." She said.

Jax snapped out of his trance

Jax snapped out of his trance. "No." He quickly replied. "I'm sorry if I confused you. I've never seen you wear a leather jacket. I was just surprised. You look very nice."

Kate smiled at Jax

Kate smiled at Jax. "Thank you, Jax. You look very nice too." She complimented him. Jax is wearing dark blue jeans, a white shirt, and a plain black jacket.