Chapter 21

Jax put coins and a dollar bill in the vending machine. The bottle landed at the bottom of the machine. He grabbed it and removed the cap to take a sip. He decided to call the diner on the main street for a to-go order when he takes his lunch break. He's going to call thirty minutes earlier and pick it up when his break starts. The perk of a small town is that every place is nearby.

One hour later

Jax sat down and searched for the phone number for the diner.

Adam walked in the break room. "Hey Jax, you can take your lunch break now."

"I was going to after I placed an order." Jax indicated to his phone.

"Speaking of placing an order, you might not have to do that." Adam said.

"Why not?" Jax is confused.

"You have a visitor waiting on the picnic table outside and she brought food." Adam said. "Go ahead and take your lunch break."

Jax smiled

Jax smiled. "I guess I don't have much of a choice. I can't keep her waiting." He joked. Jax got up and put his phone in his pocket.

"I know the guys like to tease you with the ridiculous nickname, but they're really happy that you're dating Kate. According to them, you hit the jackpot in the dating department." Adam explained.

"They don't let me forget about this. I get reminded about it almost every other day." Jax said. "Especially by Martin and Mike."

Adam chuckled. "Oh, yeah. Those two like to be the voice of reason all the time. You can't blame them. They always see the younger mechanics as their own surrogate sons."

"I get it

"I get it. The brotherhood is very strong here." Jax felt a bit nostalgic after he said this. He thought about his brothers who are still among the living and those who are not.

"Go, Teller. You don't want to keep Kate waiting." Adam said.

" Adam said