Chapter 17

Jax parked his Dodge Ram in Kate's driveway. He dressed casually which consisted of jeans, a blue t-shirt, and a black jacket. He approached the front door and knocked.

Kate grabbed her purse and looked at herself in the mirror. She decided to wear jeans, a loose Lucky Brand shirt, and a denim jacket. Nancy volunteered to babysit Ava. Scott is having a poker night with his friends.

"Mommy, someone's at the door!" Ava announced. On the other side of the door, Jax chuckled when he heard Ava talking. He thought she's a total sweetheart. "Can I open the door?"

"Okay, but first ask who is at the door." Kate said. "Nancy, keep an eye on her." Nancy got up from the couch and stood a couple of feet away from Ava.

"Who is it?" Ava asked.

"It's Mr.Teller." Jax said.

"Mommy, it's Mr.Teller." Ava said.

"Okay, you can open the door for him." Kate said.

Ava opened the door and was greeted with Jax looking down at her and he smiled

Ava opened the door and was greeted with Jax looking down at her and he smiled. "Hi, Ava." He greeted her.

Ava's face lit up. "Hi, Mr.Teller."

He crouched down so they're at the same eye-level. "Is your mom ready?"

"Where are you and my mommy going?" Ava asked.

Jax chuckled. "You already want answers? Wow, straight to the point. We're going on a date. We're going to have dinner and talk a lot." He replied.

Nancy and Kate are trying not to laugh at Ava's interrogation. They stood away from the door and Jax couldn't see them. Nancy turned toward Kate and mouthed the words: What is happening? Ava just became an interrogator. Kate had a small smile and shrugged her shoulders.

Suddenly the topic in the conversation shifted. "Are you going to be nice to my mommy?" Ava asked Jax.

Jax is taken back by Ava's question, but he quickly recovered. "Absolutely 100% yes." Jax answered. "Your mom is a kind lady and I will treat her very well. I promise."