Chapter 54 Masquerade (Loser, Baby)

"You should have stayed back at the Hotel, (Y/n)." Husk told. "I'm fine now. And besides, the black hues in my eyes are gone." (Y/n) said. She was right, the black eyes were gone, but he wasn't fully convinced that she was calm again. After what she told him, he knew one of the many things that could help calm her down was her music box. Seeing no point in arguing, they continued to look for Angel. They were able to spot him entering a bar. They followed him inside. Angel was sitting with a gang of shark demons. He was snorting coke and laughing with them. "Haha, I'm so fucked up!" He laughed loudly. Husk and (Y/n) sat at the bar counter. (Y/n) summons a soda can. Husk ordered his drink. "Give me a whiskey." The bartender pours a glass, but Husk stops him. "I meant the whole bottle, jackass." He takes the bottle and chugs it down. "Haha, so I said, "You couldn't afford me in a million afterlives." I've got better options, right boys?" Angel told as the shark demons laughed with him. He turns to one of the sharks. "Hey baby, be a doll and bring me another one. Daddy's out of juice."

The shark demon takes a seat next to Husk and orders two drinks. Thinking that no one is looking, he drugs Angel's drink with a love potion. Husk and (Y/n) noticed this and glared in disgust. "Here you go, darling. Just for you." Before the shark demon could give it to Angel, Husk grabbed him by the back of his neck. "Nice try, fuckhead." He throws the demon across the room as the rest of the sharks take out their weapons. (Y/n) quickly grabs Angel. "Let's get out of here already!" She didn't have to tell Husk twice. He throws some cards at some nets to trap the sharks. Husk and (Y/n) quickly took Angel out. "What-hey! Hey!" Angel yells.

Husk and (Y/n) dragged Angel outside. "(Y/n), Husk!? What in the actual fuck are you doing here?! Let go of me!" Angel exclaims. "No! We're taking you back to the hotel." Husk told. "Get off!" Angel shakes off Husk's grip. "Angel! That guy put some strange substance in your drink!" (Y/n) flew close to his face. "You think I can't tell if someone spikes my drink? I do this all the fucking time!" Angel exclaims. "You just let people drug you all the time?" Husk questioned.

"You think I asked for it? I don't ask for any of this shit! I didn't ask to be this way. I didn't ask for Charlie to save me, I didn't ask for (Y/n) to save me, and I didn't ask for you to save me. I can handle myself." Angel points out. "Really? Because I just saw someone self-destructing. It seems like, I don't know, you need a bartender to talk to." Husk tried to offer Angel. Angel lets out a sarcastic chuckle. "Now you're gonna act like you give a shit about me? You think after how you treated me, I'm gonna open up to you? Please." He tries to walk off.

"Maybe I'll treat you better if you're real and not some bullshit version of yourself, always pushing my boundaries. Lemme tell you, nobody in that hotel cares who you are. How famous, how hot, so you might as well just, cut the act." Husk told.

Angel bursts into tears."It's not an act!" This surprised Husk and (Y/n). "It's who I need to be. And this." He gestures to all of Hell. "This is my escape, where I can forget about it all, and how much I hate...everything. A place where I can get high, and not have to think about how much it hurts. And maybe, if I can ruin myself enough in the process...if I end up broke, I won't be his favorite toy anymore. And maybe he'll let me go..." Angel sits on the pavement. Husk and (Y/n) stared at him with sympathy. (Y/n) was the first person to go next to Angel. She wrapped her arms and wings around him, knowing he needed a well-deserved hug. Angel didn't push her away, he just let her stay where she was. Husk then joins to sit next to them.

He lets out a sigh. "I was an Overlord once, you know." This perked up Angel and (Y/n). "Yeah, and uh, it was nice to have that power. But when you're dealing with souls while also being a gambler, the stakes are pretty high, losing a few hands can be more than a little dangerous. So when you're down to your luck, you turn to anything to keep you afloat, even making deals with yourself." Husk then begins to have flashbacks of himself being an Overlord. He gambled his souls before he betted his own soul to Alastor. Losing in the progress. "So I know what it's like to regret the choices made..., and know when you can't take it back."