I - Beginning

¤November 4th 2021¤

I was in the SAS base, waiting for the Station Chief to arrive and give me my stuff. I stared around, the breeeze was fresh and it blew through my long white hair. I had my military bag with all of my needed belongings, such as: My toothbrush, tampons, pads, Tylenols, toothpaste, shampoo and my conditionner. I knew there was no woman in my new base, that sucks but atleast there's no barracks bunny jumping around in the mess hall. That was a good side of the deal.

When I looked around my surroundings, I noticed that the weather wasn't bad but not good neither, cloudy with a chance of meatballs. The time passed really slowly, I waited for a good two hours before hearing my name coming from a female voice, Station Chief Kate Laswell. I heard a lot about her, well not really but she still managed to get me recruited by one of the best task force in the UK, so I was grateful. 

"Quiet, it's nice to see you again. I'm Kate Laswell" Laswell held her hand out for me to shake it, which I did. I was never a big fan of shaking someone's hand, but, I wasn't one to be impolite to someone that found me a well-paid job anyways. I didn't respond, simply nodding my head in an acknowledging manner."I see you have your bags ready? The chopper will be there soon." She continued while handing me a fresh uniform with the British flag on it, different from my Canadian one. I took it in my free gloved hand and nodded again.

I deposed my bags beside my seat and went to the bathroom to change in my new uniform. I dearly hoped it wasn't some XXS for man size. When I looked at it, it seemed to be my size, like really. It was black and dark blue, my choice of colour, it had a UK flag where the usual Canadian one should be at. The pants where a darker shade of colour and it was shorter on my right side, I assumed it was for my prosthetic leg. It was. 

I removed my civilian clothing, leaving me in underwear and a bra. I slipped on the uniform pants and put the first long-sleeved shirt on, placing the lighter blue-turquoise crop-top that only had cargo material sleeves and barely covered my breasts. Reminded me of my former JTF2 uniform... Yeah. 

I zipped up my uniform and replaced my hair correctly, braiding my long white hair into one neat braid. I ran a hand through my messy bangs and looked one last time in the mirror, I saw... A disapointement, a dead person. Without my mask, I was nothing. I lifted my black mask to cover my face features and sighed before opening the bathroom door. When I came out of the room, I noticed Laswell waiting for me, a dog tag in hand.

"What's that for?" I asked with a hum when I came closer to hear her answer better.

"It's your new dog tag, your former one wasn't up to date."

I gave her a nod and took it in my hand, it was a pretty lightweight one, compared to my former dog tag. It had my informations.

Alicia Tremblay. 

Fuck.

My phone number was there too.

-O

"Why is it there?" I asked with a wary tone, pointing at the name on the thin metal plate.

"You know why, Quiet" Laswell answered, offering me the time to put it on.

I obliged and pulled it over my head, letting the collar fall onto my uniform, then I quickly tossed it into my shirt. The woman's eyes were following my every movements, and once I finished shoving it in my uniform top, she gestured for me to follow her to the chopper. We arrived to the helipad and Laswell talked with the pilot for a bit. The pilot's accent was russian for sure, heard his name coming out of Chief's mouth.

'Nicholas? Niko? Nikaloi? What the hell...' I frowned, why couldn't there be names I can pronounce with my caliss d'accent?!

I tapped Laswell's shoulder to remember her of why we're here, I stared at her with a 'Come on, we'll be late' gaze. I opened the chopper's doors and stepped in before throwing my bag in the overhead locker, sitting onto a seat before leaning my head against the side of the heli. The walls started vibrating when Nicholas started the motor, and soon enough, we satrted elevating in the sky.

It was time to prove myself worthy