V - The bar

Quiet

I was deposing my bags and belongings in my private room, removing my uniform and tactical gears. I took notice of a desk and a chair in the corner of the chamber. I grabbed my sketchbook with a pen and sat at the metal desk, setting my materials on it. I started sketching every members of the 141, Soap, Gaz, Price and.. Him... The Ghost. I drew all of them, let say I had some talent for art. We could notice every features, and I think I passed more time on Ghost's muscles...

Tabarnak

He wasn't that attractive, why the hell was I doing? I can't feel vulnerable because of a man! Esti d'caliss!

I'm so wrong because of that... Ciboire!

I shook my head and switched to perfectionating Price's bucket hat, those shits are hard to draw. I added some details to the sketchs for a good ten minutes before being interrupted by a knock and a door opening.

"Oi, Quiet. We're celebrating your arrival in the team at a bar, ye in?" Soap asked in his Scottish accent

I nodded and deposed my pen onto the desk, then closing the sketchbook too. "Comin'" I answered, my Canadian accent as thick as maple syrup. I quickly took a hair-tie and tied my hair into a messy bun, putting on my combats boots and walking behind Soap to the mess hall.

I noticed of Gaz, Price and Ghost waiting for us on the couch, Ghost wasn't in his usual attire. His skull mask was replaced by a balaclava with a skull design printed on it, a hoodie and jeans. Everyone were in civilian clothes, it felt weird, even when we're not on duty. 

"Here she is, come on boys- team. We don't want Ghost driving again." Price said with a light chuckle, Gaz and Soap snickered as well while Ghost crossed his arms with a neutral expression.

Price led the way outside the base, Gaz right behind him while Soap chatted with Ghost. Actually, Soap was the one talking. I wasn't expecting a lot from them anyways. When Capt finally arrived at the military jeep, Soap went first and held the door open for me. I raised an eyebrow in confusion and climber in the car, sitting in the window seat on the left. Soap climbed in and then Ghost did, luckily for me, Ghost was after Soap. Basically, he's not beside me. I won't say he freaks me out, but he doesn't aspire trust neither.

Price started the car and drove off to the center of the city. I looked outside the window, seeing the trees and forest being replaced by buildings as we approached the city's most active part. The blue sky was fading to a dark blue shade since it was approaching 1700, the color was matching with my shirt. I turned my head towards Price and asked with my usual blunt voice. "Which bar 's it?" I asked, taking all the attention from the four big guys sitting with me in the jeep.

"Jennie's. A bar we like going at for celebrations" He answered, his eyes not leaving the road when the words left his lips. Soap nodded and nudged Ghost with his elbow, which he replied with with a groan

"We really enjoy going to that bar, mostly the women that goes there." Soap started, leaning closer to my ear so 'only' I could hear. It was obvious he said it louder than a whisper to tease Ghost. "Lt here, got himself a handful of women every time we go there" He snickered and got a harsh nudge from Ghost's fist. My eyes widened in disbelief, I covered my masked mouth with my white gloved hand, muffling a laugh.

"I'm sorry-.. I'm sorry-.." I said while containing laughter, what was the idea of saying that to the brand new member of the team? Soap had his ways with recruits, for sure.

----

We were sitting at a table in the bar, Price had whiskey, Soap had something Caliss de fort, Gaz had a simple beer, Ghost had a bourbon, while I had a mocktail. One of us needed to drive back to the base, ain't it? As I looked around the bar, I noticed a group of young women pointing at Ghost with flirtatious and seductive looks. They probably didn't knew he was a Lieutenant in the special forces. Mask kink? Interesting. He simply ignored them and I scoffed in amusement, gaining Soap's attention.

"Whatchu' scoffin' at?" Soap asked, taking a sip of his drink.

I looked at him and chuckled, pointing at the girls looking at Ghost so hungry for him, litterally fucking him with their eyes. I found it amusing seeing how he didn't cared, like if it was the usual. It probably was but anyways. Soap snickered and nodded

"Told ya', all the girls are completely head over heels for a hook up with him." He continued, giggling like a high schooler.

"Took notice of that, Sergeant." I said in a joking manner, chuckling ever so slightly about it. When I looked back at Ghost, he looked at me in the eyes. If you don't know, his eyes are dark brown, hypnotizing kind of brown and those can easily follow your every mouvement while still inserting his dominace or being intimidating. However, I am not easily intimidated by a man. That's something I can assure you, with all my heart.

Everyone shared life experience to get to know each other through a conversation, I wasn't participating much though. I was silent, like always, studying my surroundings with a highly-guarded mind. After a while, I saw a young looking girl who was getting unwanted advances from an older men. Probably twice my age and way too creepy for that girl to feel comfortable. I immediately frowned and stood up, walking to the poor girl with precise steps. When I reached them, I could notice that he was smaller than I was, I grabbed the man's arm. Looking at him with the harshest and serious expression.

"Do you know him?" I asked the terrified girl. When she shook her head in a 'no' gesture. I shoved the man away from her, quickly taking hold of his collar with my hand. My grip was fuckin' tight on the piece  of clothing. "Leave her alone, or I'll make sure you don't see the light ever again, understood?" I hissed harshly, not caring that my new teammates saw me like that.

I was their new permanent recruit, and I'm born that way. So they better get their shits together and accept it.

My violet eyes never left the man's fearful face, I knew Price, Gaz, Soap and maybe Ghost were watching the scene unfold. I shoved the man again and looked at him with anger.

"Leave, ciboire!" I yelled angrily, hatred flowing through my veins. Poor woman... I looked back at the girl once the guy left running like a coward, I inspected her body for injuries. Luckily, there wasn't any.

"Stay safe, young lady." I said calmly and walked back to the table me and the taskforce were at formerly. Soap, Gaz and Price looked at me with shocked eyes, Ghost simply avoided my stare.

"Okay.. What the fuck was that, Quiet?!" Gaz asked, a slight hint of amusement was apparent in his voice as he thought about how I actually scared a guy twice my age.

I took a sip of the mocktail I left on the table earlier and looked at him with a pretty serious expression as I played with the empty glass.

"I'd want someone to protect me from a man if I were at her place."

I wish I had that protector years ago.