VIII - Showers

Ghost

That kick was a damn hard one, and she even asked if it was fair before asking. I can't believe I froze when I finally got her pinned to the ground. That woman IS a great fighter. Even though Price told me earlier yesterday that she haven't worked since the start of Covid. It was obvious that she was still rusted from the inactivity but her performance was incredibly precise for someone like her.

Quiet was kind enough to help me up, I could've done it by myself but I couldn't bring myself off her strong grip on my arm, it was somehow comforting.

get yourself together Ghost, you're a fucking lieutenant and she's temporarily a private. She's a woman, for fuck's sake.

I still had the ice on my family jewels during the debriefing with Price and Sheperd, it soothed the stinging pain and the discomfort by freezing it. We mostly talked about Quiet and her skills, also if she could get her rank back. It certainly brought my seriousness to a low level but the kick she landed earlier was a harsh one.

We all agreed on our final descision. She'll get her rank back if she's succesful during the next mission.

Quiet

I was already naked when I tried starting the shower, the water just wouldn't come out of the shower head. I let out a heavy sigh and put a sport top on, underwears and a pair of grey sweatpants, making my way out of my room to head towards Price's office. I knocked once, twice then thrice, but no one opened the door. I assumed that he was in a meeting, suddenly, I felt a cold wind coming from behind me, my slightly rusty military reflexes made me turn around and grabbed the hand that reached out to me. It was Ghost and I apologized to him formally.

"You still have good reflexes, could be useful." He stated in his gruffy voice, he was dressed in a military style vest and pants, both with cargo tissues. I looked down at my attirement and excused my unproffessional clothes.

"I'm sorry you had to witness me in such.. Poor attire, sir." I said with the H's doing wrong to my french canadian accent. I could feel his gaze eyeing me up and down under his balaclava imprinted of a skull. He simply let out a very, very light chuckle from his lips as I waited for the right time to ask where Price was at.

"You did well during training, still rusty but better than I thought." The man in front of me, I was surprised of how civile he looked like that in before me. With this shirt, I could easily define his muscles and body structure. "Thank you, sir. I hope I haven't kicked too hard, it would be unfortunate." I said without actually registering my own words. My violet eyes widened immediately, meeting Ghost's unwavering brown ones. It felt like he hasn't reacted, yet I felt myself needing to wave it off too.

"Price is in a meeting with Laswell and Sheperd, I just came back." He said, interrupting my thoughts. I quickly nodded and took a deep breath.

"My shower isn't working, I thought I could ask Captain for something else." My voice took its usual seriousness and coldness back, it was comforting now that I was back into the routine. Ghost stood in front of me, probably thinking of an idea of what to do, since it was obvious that a shower would be needed for me.

"I don't think it's a good idea putting you into the public showers. There are some reckless recruits in the base."

"What does that means?" I asked, not actually knowing what he meant with those words, shaking my head from side to side with strands of hair swaying behind my bare back.hell it confused me. He looked away and let out a small sigh, trailing his eyes down and up my body, lingering his gaze around my hip dips and my chest. God that was embarrassing.