Chapter 2

"Ephemeral Promises: A Single Father's Odyssey"

In the ethereal embrace of the Lord Bhaveshwara temple, the heavens wept uncontrollably, the rain cascading like a tragic symphony. The temple stairs bore witness to an unfolding tragedy, where Sparsh, his eyes mirroring the storm within, cradled Henry's bloodied head in his lap.

The raindrops mingled with Sparsh's tears as he cried out, pleading with the universe to spare the love of his life. "Mr. Henry, please, I beg you, don't leave me! This world is nothing but darkness without you. You're my everything; I can't bear to lose you," Sparsh pleaded, the weight of despair and grief evident in every word.

Desperation marked Sparsh's attempts to seek help. His pleas for assistance vanished into the tempest, drowned by the relentless downpour. Zoey, frantic and terrified, struggled to find aid, but the surroundings had turned desolate, an eerie calm amidst the chaos.

Amidst the tragedy, Henry clung to Sparsh's hand, his strength waning. With an anguished gaze, he mustered the last reserves of his fading energy to palm Sparsh's face, a poignant touch laden with love and regret. "S...Sparsh, I'm sorry, my love. I won't be able to keep my promise of a lifetime together. You're my everything, sweetheart. I wanted to see our child, our family. I wanted to live every moment with you. But fate has other plans. Be the strong soul I know you are. Our baby needs you." Henry whispered, his breaths labored.

Sparsh, a tempest of emotions, screamed against the cruelty of fate. "No, Henry! You can't leave me like this. Our baby needs you. I need you," he wailed, the relentless rain mingling with his torrent of tears.  

In his final moments, Henry smiled through the pain, his voice a fragile echo in the chaos. "Sparsh, my love, don't let the shadows claim you. Our baby needs your strength. Remember, love transcends even the boundaries of life and death. I'll be watching over you from the stars, guiding our little one. Be strong, my eternal love. I'll be waiting for you on the other side."

With each passing moment, Henry's grip on life loosened, his last breaths stolen by the unforgiving storm. As he left the mortal realm, Sparsh clung to his lifeless form, his cries of grief merging with the symphony of raindrops and thunder.

The arrival of the ambulance, delayed by the tempest, couldn't alter the cruel reality. In the heartbreakingly woeful aftermath, Sparsh, overcome by the weight of his loss, collapsed beside Henry. The world dimmed, leaving behind echoes of a love story lost in the eternal downpour of grief.

In the haunting aftermath of Henry's tragic departure, Sparsh's world transformed into a desolate landscape, devoid of the vibrant colors that once adorned his life. The funeral became a solemn gathering, with Sparsh's parents offering their condolences and Zoey taking on the burden of organizing the somber affair. Even as friends and family attempted to console him, Sparsh found himself ensnared in the clutches of an overwhelming grief that threatened to consume him.

The funeral drew people from all walks of life, a testament to the profound impact that Henry had on everyone he encountered. As the ceremony unfolded, tears flowed freely, and the collective wails of sorrow echoed through the air. The mourners shared stories of Henry's noble deeds, his fight for justice, and the lives he touched. Every anecdote added to the weight of the occasion, as those present collectively mourned the loss of a man who had stood for righteousness. The funeral became a profound testament to the legacy Henry left behind.

Sparsh, a mere silhouette against the backdrop of endless despair, felt lifeless. Zoey, who had been a recent guest, now struggled to contain his own sorrow. His elder brother's persistent inquiries on calls only added to Zoey's anguish. Sparsh's dads attempted to provide solace, but the light in Sparsh's eyes had dimmed, leaving him lifeless and merely breathing.