Chapter 12

"Wounds of Wit: Sparsh's Journey Beyond Band-Aids"

The morning sun cast a golden glow over the breakfast table, but the atmosphere was anything but serene. Tension hung thick in the air as Raghav, his gaze piercing like daggers, stared down Gautam with an intensity that made Sparsh squirm in his seat. 

Desperate to defuse the mounting pressure, Sparsh cleared his throat, attempting to steer the conversation toward lighter topics. "So, um, did anyone catch the news yesterday?" he asked, his voice slightly shaky.

Zoey, ever the peacemaker, chimed in, "Oh, I did! Did you hear about the new movie coming out? It looks so cool!" His voice, though cheery, couldn't mask the underlying unease.

But Raghav's arrogance refused to be tempered by small talk. With a scoff, he interjected, "Who cares about movies when we have real drama right here?" His words dripped with disdain as he continued to fix his steely gaze on Gautam.

Gautam, growing tired of Raghav's constant scrutiny, finally spoke up. "What's your problem, Raghav? Why do you have to be such a jerk all the time?"

Raghav's lip curled into a sneer. "My problem? Oh, it's simple. You, Gautam. You're my problem," he spat, his voice dripping with disdain. "You slither your way into people's lives, using them for your own gain like the manipulative snake you are."

Zoey, his voice trembling with emotion, pleaded desperately, "Bhaiya, please! Stop this madness! Can't you see how much you're hurting everyone?"

But Raghav, consumed by rage, refused to relent. "You're blind, Zoey! Blind to the truth about this manipulative snake," he snarled, his fists clenched in fury.

Gautam, his own anger simmering just below the surface, couldn't hold back any longer. "Enough, Raghav! Who do you think you are, talking to me like that? You're not the king of the world," he retorted defiantly, his voice tinged with defiance.

Raghav's eyes flashed with fury, his muscles tense and ready for a fight. "You'll regret crossing me, Gautam," he growled, stepping forward with a menacing glare.

As Raghav and Gautam squared off, their fists clenched and their bodies coiled with tension, Zoey's frustration and hurt reached a breaking point. With a cry of anguish and despair, he intervened, his hand lashing out in a swift motion.

Without a second thought, he swung his hand, delivering a sharp and resounding slap across Raghav's cheek. "Stop it, bhaiya! Just stop it!" he cried, tears streaming down his face, the room momentarily hushed by the unexpected turn of events.

Sparsh's eyes widened in disbelief, while Gautam looked on with a mixture of surprise and amusement. Raghav staggered back, a shocked expression crossing his face. His hand instinctively touched the stinging imprint of his baby brother's slap.

Tears streaming down his face, Zoey's voice trembled with sadness and frustration as he spoke. "I'm sick of this, bhaiya. I hate you! I can't believe you'd do this to me. I'll never forgive you. I don't even want to look at you anymore."