Chapter 11

"Heated Confessions: Raghav and Sparsh's Midnight Rendezvous"

As the echoes of the heated argument between Raghav and Zoey reverberated through the house, Sparsh, trembling like a leaf caught in a storm, retreated to the guest room, his heart heavy with the weight of their tumultuous confrontation. Exhaustion swept over him like a gentle tide, lulling him into a fitful slumber, unaware of the dangerous dreams that awaited in the depths of the night.

Suddenly, a knock echoed through the room, disrupting the fragile calm of Sparsh's fitful slumber. His heart pounded in his chest like a drumbeat as the door swung open, revealing Raghav's imposing figure looming in the doorway.

"Raghav!" Sparsh exclaimed, his voice a shaky whisper as he sat up on the bed, his nerves on edge.

"Why are you sleeping here?" Raghav's tone was a mixture of annoyance and curiosity as he stepped further into the room, his eyes scanning the surroundings.

Sparsh's words stumbled over each other as he tried to explain. "I-I didn't want Zoey and Gautam to get the wrong idea. I thought it would be better if I stayed here, in the guest room."

Raghav's lips curled into a sly grin, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Oh, I see. Don't want Zoey thinking I'm corrupting his best friend, huh? Imagine the scandal, baby. Zoey would know his best friend is not just sleeping in my room but... enjoying the perks that come with it."

Sparsh's cheeks turned a deeper shade of red. "It's not like that!"

Raghav, undeterred, continued to playfully tease. "Well, Sparsh, you're missing out on a luxurious night in my room. We could've had some fun. And now, what would Zoey say if he found out his big brother was keeping his best friend warm between the sheets?"

Sparsh, wide-eyed, tried to suppress his embarrassment. "Raghav, please!"

Raghav, looking around the guest room, commented, "This room's not bad either. We could make it work."

Sparsh, his voice tinged with frustration and a hint of hurt, interrupted Raghav's playful banter. "Raghav, please! Can't you be serious for once? I called you to solve the matter between you and Zoey, not to worsen it with your teasing."

Raghav, undeterred by Sparsh's plea, flashed a mischievous grin. "Oh, Sparsh, don't be such a killjoy. We could've had a good time, but I see you're more interested in playing the responsible teacher tonight."

Sparsh's wide-eyed gaze met Raghav's unwavering stare, a mixture of annoyance and hurt simmering beneath the surface. "This isn't a joke, Raghav," he insisted, his tone firm. "I don't want to engage in these... games, especially not when it concerns Zoey and our professional relationship. And don't forget, you're my boss at the university. We should maintain a professional relationship."

Raghav's eyes narrowed slightly, a subtle defiance flickering in his gaze. "Oh, the professional relationship speech. Sparsh, you know as well as I do that our personal and professional lives have already crossed paths. You can't just draw a line and expect everything to neatly fall into place."

Sparsh's frustration grew at Raghav's dismissive attitude. "I don't appreciate how you treated me in the university today. You were about to fire me without considering how important this job is for me. Did you even bother to think about that?"

Raghav, ever unyielding, offered a mocking smirk. "Sparsh, darling, don't be so melodramatic. I was just asserting my authority. You shouldn't take it personally."

Sparsh's temper flared at Raghav's nonchalant response, his resolve solidifying. "I don't want to talk to you unless it's about Zoey. And please, try to remember, you're my boss, not my playmate."