Chapter 3

"Rise and Shine, your grace!"

Emma's voice was like a siren that can never go off, and that did not help whenever Dorothea wanted some time for herself. She was that one personal maiden who would never leave her alone, which she appreciates.

After all, Emma was like a book that you cannot put down.

"Or, at least, look like you have slept." The lady-in-waiting corrected, choosing not to laugh at her mistress's pitiful state. "You have some big news today."

"Don't tell me it's another invitation to one of those tea parties." Dorothea replied, softly forcing herself to look somehow alive. "Those ladies are nice, but their choice in tea is concerning at this point."

"Oh, I think you'd be more concerned about this one." Said Emma, handing the princess a letter.

Confused yet not wanting to make the maiden wait, the lady gently took the envelope, which was beautifully crafted and made with patience. She sighed, expecting something more awful than those flavored tea.

Opening the letter, she reads it rather curiously. However, her curiosity didn't last long when her eyes widened.

"Emma, this isn't for me." Dorothea denies, placing the letter back in the envelope that was inside the minute before she took it out. "I'm already late for these types of things, and I don't need to go."

Emma, who was folding her mistress's clothes neatly, looked over at the expression the princess gave.

"Your grace, if you have something to complain about, go to her Highness."

"I beg your pardon, your majesty, but I completely do not want to participate in this." The princess hands the letter on the Queen's table.

The current ruler of the kingdom looked at her younger sister with a small smile. Of course, she wasn't going to like this idea.

"It would be beneficial for both kingdoms to get along." Freya spoke in a soft voice, too soft for someone so irritating. "If you get to have a good relationship with the second prince who resides there, then that would mean everything will be fine."

"You're the diplomat, Dorothea." She added. "And I need your power to do so. Please, make peace."

The princess wanted to curse this whole position and rank she has. But alas, she couldn't. She was aware that without her, Freya wouldn't be able to get along with the other kingdoms.

"I.. understand. However, I do have one condition."

"Eh? I do not want to go, though." Emma pouted.

"You have to. Queen's orders." Dorothea laughed, before closing her belongings shut. To this, the young maiden sighs. "I bet my whole inheritance you wanted something in return to agreeing, and chose me as a souvenir."

"You wouldn't want to throw something that valuable such as an inheritance." The princess reminded, opening her window to see the setting sun.

Emma simply shrugged, before closing her own luggage.

"I don't really need it, considering that I may need to serve this smart princess until my very last breath." She says.

"Wouldn't you want to get married?"

Looking over, the lady-in-waiting stared rather shocked at what her lady said. It was a sudden question, to which she didn't really expect. But surely, she knew the answer.

"Of course, I do." Emma smiled, before turning her head towards the things she packed. "But still, you are my first priority, your grace. Marriage will come when it's time."

The next week, everything was settled. Of course, loud whines were heard from Charlotte when she found out her beloved Aunt was leaving, but she couldn't really do anything.

Though, after so many reassurances and flowery words, it was fine. She just need to make sure that when Charlotte visits the school, there would be a bag of treats waiting for her there.

"That whole ride was such a headache." Dorothea sighed, before sitting on a chair that wasn't occupied yet.

Because of her complains, Emma laughed, before sitting beside her.

"Well, you can't sleep, so I had to make you drink something to make you sleep." She said, referring to the pill she gave when the carriage with the horses arrived a few minutes after they got out of the castle.

"However, I'm still not quite sure why we're exactly here." Both the ladies eyed the place, as many non-human species were there. At this point, human beings who were sorted in this dorm will be dinner.

"Well, at least you'll be more close with him now that you're in the same dorm, right?"

"Shush, Emma. Someone will hear you, and we don't want to create rumors."

"Still, it's pretty unfair that you're immediately placed on the third year ranking." Emma complained, pouting. "I mean, I get it, you're smart. But why am I on the second year rank? I'm awful when it comes to academics!"

"That's because you're too old to be considered a first year." Dorothea replied, before someone went in front of everyone else, making the whole room go silent. Huh, creatures such as these ones were rather interesting.

"Welcome everyone. In this moment, I will be announcing the assigned dorm rooms for every new student here." The person who was in charge said, as both ladies decided to also just go quiet for now. Gossip can happen later on.

"Since there are new students here, adjustments were made and dorm rooms were changed." They added. "Now, let's begin."

As the whole thing was happening, Dorothea found herself rather bored. She was sure that it would still take a while for her name to be called, so she could only wait for now.

"And then, Sinclair will be on room #10."

"Wow, they don't even use formalities?" Emma asks, but nods anyway. To this, Dorothea laughs. "You really think they use those words?"

"Lastly, Louveremont will be on room #2."

Everyone then almost immediately looked at the princess. Of course, she had to hide that title from them, but she still managed to smile. Looking at Emma, Dorothea had a slightly puzzled look on her face.

"Is something the matter? Why's everyone looking at me like that?" She asked, as now, it was Emma's turn to giggle before giving her a smirk.

"That's because from what I heard, your beloved prince is just next door."

Of course, the Housewarden has room #1 as his dorm room.