Chapter 4

"Aren't you my lady-in-waiting, my savior in life, my beck and call, who will agree to every request I ask?"

"Your grace, for the last time, I will not switch rooms with you." The handmaiden sighed, as the princess she was serving was sitting on her bed, not wanting to move one bit. This whole thing has been going on ever since they were assigned rooms.

"Then, at least let me sleep in here!"

"You don't even sleep."

Dorothea huffed out a breath, mentally facepalming. Why did she have to be oh so lucky one who's next to his own dorm room?

"Now, please go to your room and sort your stuff out." Said Emma. "I would want to help, but you may need to be independent on something this simple, am I wrong?"

"I know how to be independent, dear maiden of mine." Dorothea replied. "It's just that I don't want to go there. Who knows what might happen!"

To this, Emma laughed before folding her clothes neatly and placing them on her wardrobe. Even if her princess was this difficult to handle, she would never trade this work over the world.

"You're thinking about it too much." She says. "I'm sure that prince doesn't even care about you anymore. Well, not that he cared for you ever since. What I'm saying is, try to be more unbothered."

And there, she was basically sent off to her own room.

As she walked, she could feel her steps getting heavier. Just keep calm, it'll be alright, she thinks to herself as she remained her head held high. She'll just pretend as if nothing happened between the two of them.

Well, nothing really happened, if she would recall it.

Finally, after what felt like centuries, she arrived in front of her very own door. Sighing, she took out the keys that were given to her by the one who assigned their rooms. Just now, she realized opening doors using a bobby pin was certainly easier.

"Can't even open a door, huh? Don't tell me they aren't taught to you back at your kingdom."

Shit.

"Shouldn't you be sleeping right now, like you always do?" Dorothea asks, still struggling to turn to knob open. Curse keys and their difficulty to open doors when that's their absolute purpose.

"I was, but the way you're pitifully trying to do something you're not used to is almost too laughable." He replied, and that made the girl want to just lose her composure. But of course, she would never do that.

"Has anyone ever told you how miserable you look right now?" He added his sentence. To this, Dorothea simple shook her head. "No, tell me."

And then, he decided to go quiet.

Due to this, the level of pressure went even higher and finally, seven's finally, the door unlocked. Dorothea, who was holding on her breath, lets herself slump down a little before opening the said door she was having a fight with seconds ago.

All of a sudden, however, the bastard decided to come inside of her room before she could even step foot in it. Wow, and here she thought all her hard work into opening that damn door would make her have some time for herself.

"Do you know how rude you are right now?" Dorothea asks, before placing her belongings neatly on the side to open after examining the area for a moment. After all, she wouldn't want anything bad to happen.

"It doesn't matter. You are in my territory, which means I could do whatever I want." Leona simply said, before making himself comfortable.

"Are you already forgetting the most important rule, oh dear Housewarden?" She protested, but when she heard no answer, she simply sighed before observing the bathroom.

The Golden Rule that was placed ever since the school was opened for both genders were to never invade into someone's room with the opposite sex, especially when they're dating. But of course, it's not like everyone will listen to that.

"You think I give a shit about that stupid law they made?" He finally spoke, which just made the princess sigh. Alas, surely even she would know that this lion would never obey any order.

"As if."

After making sure that everything was safe, Dorothea started taking out her belongings from the luggage she bought with her and took out the heavy clothes first. Maybe, after a day or two, their proper uniform would be delivered, but for now, this will do.

However, she was somehow regretting to buy some clothes that were fit for a hot place like this. Well, she couldn't be blamed. Not when she wasn't even aware she would be placed in Savanaclaw.

"Damn that mirror."

First, she decided to hang her clothes and long jackets. Meanwhile, she just folded her other clothes and placed it on the drawers, filling it rather quickly considering that she bought a lot of outfits just in case.

"You're late."

"Hm?" Ah, she completely forgot about the beast that was resting on her bed.

"Why did you receive an invitation so late?"

"Well, you accepted yours a year after, so we're pretty much the same. And mind you, it wasn't that late." Dorothea replied, not wanting to make it sound like she was so old.

"Why did you accept it?"

"You're so curious for someone so lazy."

"You didn't answer my question."

Every kingdom knew how smart Dorothea was, so of course, someone would ask that sudden question. She didn't need to attend school and can just have a carefree life, without any hard work or efforts to put into.

"I thought I would want something new in my life." She finally found something decent as a reply, to which Leona just hummed about.

Yeah, she was aware he doesn't believe that.

Everything was too quiet, and Dorothea never liked that. Every time she's with someone she doesn't like, or isn't to familiar with, she could never bring herself to speak.

That was one regret she has.

The fact that despite having something in the past with this prince, she never really found herself questioning about him. Other than his background and status, she doesn't know who Leona Kingscholar is.

And yet, it was so disgusting to know that he knows her like the back of his hand.