Chapter 10

"Let's go out. Tomorrow, eight a.m. Don't you dare not show up, I'll be waiting."

Those were the words that left the lion's mouth before he left to sleep in his own room that fine evening. The night was almost quiet, when she heard quite the commotion just downstairs.

Probably some students in this very dorm having a stubborn fight with each other.

"Well, do you want to go?"

"I don't have much of a choice." Said Dorothea. "If I don't show up, then Sevens know what he will do. I will have to put up with him for I have no idea how long, and it'll be a whole catastrophe."

"That's not my question, your grace." Emma replied, a small smirk on her face as she took a bite out of her dessert that serves as a late night snack. "I asked, if you want to go."

"I will, because he asked."

Emma looked at the princess with a deadpanned look, and was about to call her something really rude and tell her she was being such an idiot to think that she can go and play with words, but decided to go against her mind.

"I see."

The next day, the clock didn't even hit seven a. m. yet and she was panicking like a literal dog on the loose.

She didn't have anything good in her closet, considering that she wears such heavy and 'reaches the floor' clothing. She was never the type to even think about buying 'modern' clothes, such an idiot.

"Good morning, your gra--! You look like you just went into war, what happened?"

"I just, I.." Dorothea finally sighed, before holding her face in her hands. "I didn't even prepare anything today. No clothes, no script, nothing! I will look like a fool, Emma!"

Her handmaiden was.. shocked to say the least. She has never seen her lady breakdown like that in front of anyone, even her. The last time she saw this state was years ago, when she couldn't make herself proud.

And yet again, here we are.

"Aw, don't give up now." Emma replies, a smile painting her features as she hands the princess a box. "Now when your precious prince oh-so-kindly gave this."

Looking at the lady-in-waiting with hesitance, she then opened the box with care. She trusted Emma, of course she does. But, at a time like this, she was also sure this could be one of her pranks.

Plot Twist: it wasn't a prank.

"Emma, do you think it'll be fine?"

"Of course it will, your grace." The handmaiden replies, before brushing her hair. "Knowing you, it'll be like settling with other kingdoms. With or without a script, you'll manage."

Dorothea wanted to thank her for such kind and flowery words. It wasn't everyday Emma Sinclair would compliment your skills, so she at least wanted to savor that moment. She really did.

But, she can't.

Not when she used terms she doesn't want people to refer to her as.

Diplomat.

"There, all pretty, my beloved princess." Emma smiles at the reflection, before taking a step backwards. "Now, I shall head first. Have a lovely day, your grace."

She breathed in, trying to keep herself comfortable as silence was above, below, and between her.  She had no idea what was happening right now, but all she knew was that she was going out with that bastard.

How did she even agree to this?

Right. She didn't.

She could not even mutter out a response before he left just like that.

"Idiot, Idiot!"

"Why would the high and mighty princess call herself an idiot?"

His smug look was the first thing she saw when he rolls down his car window.

"Is it because she couldn't resist me?"

Cringey bastard.

"For your information, I didn't have the room or time to say no." Dorothea informs, the wind messing up her side bangs as she huffed out a breath. 

She heard him hum lowly, before continuing to have his eyes on the road as he grips on the steering wheel. Leona didn't mutter anything at first, muttering something that she couldn't hear correctly.

For a moment, she wanted to ask what was bothering him, before suddenly, he hits the breaks when he saw a red light and secured her figure (even if she was wearing a seat belt) by placing one hand in front of her.

Thanking him with a small bow using her head, Leona only glanced at her shortly before looking back at the now green light. Driving rather slowly this time, he could only sigh. At least she didn't hit her head.

He should watch how he drives.

"Do you mind.. if.. uhm," Dorothea trailed off, not wanting to make him upset somehow. He, once again, glanced where she was sitting, and hummed a bit, which made her a little more pressured yet confident.

"Coffee?"

Leona never turned the car around that fast before.

"Is there anything you want? I can pay for it, as thanks." Said Dorothea, getting out her purse as she searches for her wallet. Hearing him sigh, she was sure he was thinking that she thinks he's not wealthy enough to buy something for himself.

Just be thankful, will you?

"Don't think that way, this is genuinely out of kindness."

"Never thought you had that in you."

Dorothea stared at him with a look of disapproval, not wanting to make a scene in a literal coffee shop drive-thru. Though, she also realized those were the few words he finally muttered out while being in this car.

"Just a vanilla latte."

Huh, she never thought he's into those types of drinks.

Once they pulled up at the window, a kind-looking woman with her hair tied up was there to greet them a great day as she takes their order.

"I'll have a vanilla sweet cream cold brew." The princess smiles, as she sees the woman compute her order so it'll be more easier to pay later on. "And then, one vanilla latte."

"Would that be hot or cold?"

"C--!"

"Hot."

Leona finally spoke, his voice a little more sharper as he talks to the woman, making her sweat slightly before nodding in understanding anyway. Computing their orders, the lion handed his card before she could, which made her a little irritated.

Once they got their drinks, they started going back to the road once more. It was a silent ride again, and just as awkward as it was earlier when they first left to go sevens knows where.

However, it was fine like this, she supposed. She had so much questions, yet she didn't want to ruin the mood by saying something Leona probably didn't want to hear right now, especially since he's driving.

She sighed, before drinking the cold coffee drink she ordered a moment ago. She could only assume and wonder why his order wasn't how she thought it would be, or how his voice changes when he's talking to different people.

He has changed.

While she's still her.

Dorothea wasn't even passed halfway her drink yet, when she suddenly stopped. It was really good, delightful even. But, she could only place it on the cup holder, before trying to distract herself by scrolling through her phone.

Yet, that didn't help either.