Chapter 2

"Shit!" you slam the little plastic stick down.

When the hell had this happened? You had been careful, taken your pill but jesus christ.

A baby.

You were gonna have a baby, and only one person could be the dad. Bucky fucking Barnes. Well he would get his wish, you had to go back now because there was no way you were doing this by yourself. You grab your phone and check where you are. You work out the time and distance, you could be at Melody's home in two days. Bucky had gotten a house close by to Steve for work, so at least you knew where he was. You scrub your face and get back behind the wheel. Time to go see your best friend and cry yourself stupid, sleep for a while and hope Melody had some good advice for you.

                                 ***

"You look like shit Casey" Melody laughs as you hug her.

"I feel like shit. Is it okay if I use your shower, mine in the RV went weird while I was away" Melody grabs your bag and hand and drags you into her newly built house.

"I have a room already set up for you" she smiles and pulls you up the stairs.

When she opens the door, you gape. A huge four poster bed was in the middle of a big room. The wood floor was a beautiful dark colour and the walls cream. There is a big window looking out at the back garden and an ensuit bathroom attached.

"Wow, Steve did a great job" you mumble as you look about.

"Yeah. Steve, Bucky, dad and the team they hired to build it" Melody smiles.

"I have something to show you as well" Again she pulls you and into another room.

Your mouth hangs open at the sight of a beautiful antique crib, the walls are cream with fluffy clouds and rainbows. There's shelves stacked already with towels, blankets and diapers. And the rocking chair in the corner was covered with a pillow and blanket.

"Are you serious?" you turn and she nods with a big grin.

"Yeah. I found out the day after you left. Three months along" She pats her small stomach.

You start to chuckle, it turns into a full blown laugh. Melody looks at you worriedly and then hurries over when you start to cry.

"I'm sorry. I'm happy for you, I really am" you sob out.

"Then what's wrong?" she asks.

"Im gonna be an aunt. And so are you" You watch as realisation crosses her face.

"Your..?" she looks at your stomach.

"Three months as well" you whisper.

"Holy shit! Congratulations Casey" she squeezes you tight as you keep crying.

"Is it Bucky's?" She finally asks.

"Yeah" you sigh and wipe your eyes.

"I'm assuming you're here to tell him?" you nod and look around the nursery.

Melody had her life all put together, and you. You were a walking, talking mess. And now you had six, maybe seven months to get your life in order. You needed a home, doctor, baby crap and to tell the father of the baby.

"Baby, I'm home" Steve calls out and Melody grins.

"Come on. Steve went for Chinese food when we knew you were close" she waves you out and heads down the stairs.

"Hi, look who just got here" Melody points to you and Steve's face lights up.

"Hey, there's the free spirit" he hugs you and steps back.