Chapter 10

It had been a few weeks since Amina got to you. Your panic had melted away the day Bucky bought you home. He had just held you, wrapping you up in his arms and holding you tight. He had shown you the cameras, and the security lights and connected your phone to it all. You would be able to see who was at the door and know if a window had been opened. It made you feel safe.

You had started helping Bucky decorate the nursery, it looked amazing. The walls were a soft pale yellow and Bucky had drawn clouds and rainbows. The crib was put together and the shelves now held baby supplies. He had even found a rocking chair for you to nurse the baby. It was all coming together.

And there had been no sign of Amina, she hadn't gone back to work and nobody knew where she was. That made you nervous but Bucky was only a phone call away if you needed him, same with Melody and Steve.

But you were putting that to the back of your mind because today you got to find out the sex of your baby. Bucky was gripping your hand tight as you waited your turn. He kept grinning at you and kissing your knuckles.

"Miss Banks" Your name is called and Bucky helps you up.

"Hello, mom and dad. I'm Kristina your nurse and today we are measuring the baby and do we want to know the sex?" the happy nurse asks.

"Yes," Bucky practically yelps at her.

You're prepped with the gel and the nurse moves the little wand around your stomach. You blow out a breath, you are going to see your baby for the first time.

"There we go. Well, I wasn't expecting that. That is baby one's head, that curve is the spine and we have a pair of nice long legs" She points everything out.

"And that is baby two head, spine and legs", She grins at you both.

"I'm sorry, did you say two babies?" you ask in shock.

"Yup now let's see if we can get an angle for the sexes" she hums and the wand moves about.

You look at Bucky, he's wiping his eyes. He can't take them off the monitor showing your children. When he sees you looking at him he grins and leans over to kiss you quickly.

"Two babies" he sighs happily.

"Two" you gulp.

"Well unfortunately your babies are not playing fair and I can't see what you're having. Mom can you plant your feet and push your hips up. Sometimes moving about helps" the nurse asks.

You plant your feet and push up, you see the babies squirm on the monitor and the nurse tries again.

"Okay. Let's help mommy and daddy" Kristina talks to herself, as the wand moves.

"Aha! We have a girl" the nurse beams.

"And a... Boy," she claps.

You hear a sob and look at Bucky, he wipes his eyes and looks at you.

"A girl and a boy" he whispers out.

He kisses you again as the nurse prints off the pictures. He helps clean you up and straightens out your clothes.

"I can't wait to tell Steve" his grin gets bigger.

"Melody's son will have a girl and a boy to play with" Melody had found out her baby's sex the week before.

Steve had cried and Melody had run off to buy some things in blue. Her dad had thrown a small baby shower for them and you had been surprised when there were gifts for you as well. Steve's mom had gifted both of you silver rattles. It had been a lovely day.

"Let's get you home" Bucky holds your hand on the way to the car.

You couldn't stop looking at the picture of your babies.