Chapter 5

"You're pregnant?" Bucky holds out the test to you.

"I.. Yes" you take it from him.

You watch Bucky's face, he had turned pale. Shock covering his features. He looks at the test again and then back to you.

"To me?" his eyes have a spark in them that you don't understand.

"Yes" you nod.

"This is why you came back, to tell me? How long have you known? Why didn't you tell me earlier?" he pants a bit.

"I only found out three days ago and then confirmed it officially today and I didn't tell you earlier because I was afraid of a bad reaction. I mean you don't have to be happy about it but I didn't want a screaming match either" you stand up and pace a bit.

Bucky watches you carefully. He wasn't mad, he wasn't angry at all. You had come back to tell him the truth and that counted for something with him. You were obviously scared of him having a bad reaction though and that worried him. What had happened to you to be so untrusting of people? That was obviously why you left the first time, he realised.

He steps in front of you, holding his arms out. You look at him in surprise, but step into his arms. He holds you tightly, squeezing until he remembers your pregnant. He pulls back with a smile and kisses your forehead.

"You don't have to worry about me sweetheart. There will be no screaming matches, no anger. Just you and me. Working this out together. Okay?" he smiles again and you nod.

"Okay" you take a shuddering breath and the tears start.

"I'm sorry. It's just so overwhelming" You sob and Bucky pulls you back in.

"I know baby, but I'm here. I'll help with everything, I swear" when he pulls back again he pushes your hair off your face.

His eyes dip to your quivering lips, he licks his in response. He shouldn't do it, you were emotional and you just needed him to be there. His head moves forward bht he stops himself at the last second. He wouldn't kiss you yet, not until you were ready for him to. But God he wanted to, so badly.
He could feel your breath on his lips, he was that close. He let's them skim together for a second and pulls away completely. He hears the little sigh escape you, whether from relief or remorse he didn't know.

"Come on. We have a baby to celebrate" he takes your hand and leads you back into the house.

Steve and Melody both look nervous as you step back in. Melody's eyes flicker between you and Bucky, she's chewing her lip but stops when she sees his smile.

"Everything okay?" she asks cautiously.

"Everything is great. I'm gonna be a dad" he smile makes you smile.

He kisses your hand and heads for the dinning room, leaving you with Melody as Steve follows him.

"Are you okay sweetie?" Melody is right there taking your hand.

"I'm fine. Relieved obviously that he knows now. I didn't even tell him, he found the test I left on my bed" you sink into the couch gratefully.

"Oh, that must have been a shock" You nod and lay your head back.

You felt so much better that he knew now, like a massive weight had been lifted from your shoulders. You could actually feel the stress leaving your body.

You wake up to being carried. Bucky was holding you and carrying you up the stairs. He hasn't noticed your awake yet so you take the opportunity to just look at him. His chiseled jaw and the dark hair that covered it. The blue of his eyes that stood right out because of his dark hair. His eyes move to yours when your hand lifts and smooths his cheek.