Chapter 6

You were surprised when you woke up to messages off Bucky. He had sent pictures of cribs and outfits. There was even maternity clothes in there. He seemed so happy about this baby and that made you smile. You had been so sure he would be angry, but by the picture of the little princess outfit he had sent you, he was overjoyed.

Melody snorts when you show her, her brows going up suggestively.

"Looks like he's hoping for a girl" she smiles.

"Two of me! Ooph that man is asking for trouble" you laugh and sip your tea.

"Blugh, what is this good for again?" Melody was trying to help ease your coffee cravings.

"It's supposed to help keep your blood pressure down" she winces as she sips it.

"Steve found it" she spits it out and you join her.

"No offence to Steve, but it tastes like shit" you take the cups and pour them out.

"Yup. I miss my espressos and just plain coffee" Melody grumbles.

You get up and pace a bit, sitting still and staying in one place was getting to you. Being in a house was getting to you. You sigh and look around. You needed to get outside, do something.

"Let's go" Melody gets up.

"Where?" you ask.

"Anywhere. You're getting antsy. Come on" she takes your hand and drags you out the front door.

"So, you and Bucky?" she asks.

"Yeah. I don't know what to do. I mean he's happy about the baby and I'm just..." you shake your head.

"What would you do?" you ask her quietly.

"Do you like him?" she watches you smile.

"I... Yeah. He's a great guy. And I'm just to fucked in the head to do anything about it" you shrug.

"You're not fucked in the head! You had shitty parents who tried to force you into marriage with a guy who was too old and you didn't even know. That would scare anyone. I don't even want to imagine what your life would be like now if you hadn't gotten away" she grabs your hand and squeezes.

"And Bucky, he has his problems too. But honestly, if I were you. I would give him a chance. He's the type of guy who would look after you and that baby" Melody leads you into a park.

"What about the relationship stuff though?" you sit on a swing and push off.

"Don't force anything. It happened naturally last time, let yourself just enjoy his company" she smiles as she swings with you.

Your phone buzzes in your pocket. You plant your feet to stop swinging and get it out. Your brows go up when you see Bucky's name.

"Hi" you look at Melody and she waggles her brows.

"Dinner? Oh, sure. That sounds great" Melody is fist bumping the air beside you.

"Okay, so seven tonight. Yeah, I'll see you then" you hang up and blow out a breath.

"He wants to have dinner at his place tonight" you felt an odd excitement building on your chest.

"That's great. Do you have an outfit for it?" Melody's eyes are bright and happy.

"It's just dinner" you roll your eyes.

"If it's just the two of you, it's a date" she grins.

"I'm not dressing up for this" you huff out.

"Oh come on. Please" She pouts at you.

"Fine. But I'm not wearing heels" you head out of the park while Melody laughs behind you, you wouldn't jinx yourself by telling her you are excited.