Chapter 3

The next morning, you lay in bed. Listening to the sound of Steve wandering around the house as he got ready for work. You smile when you hear him singing up town girl and Melody shouts at him to shut the hell up. They were so in sync. You had watched how they moved around each other. It was like watching ballet, when Melody moved, Steve situated himself to see her and Melody did the same. The only time it didn't happen was if they were in different rooms but even then it was like they had some sort of mind link. Melody would be looking for something and Steve would come in with exactly what she needed. It was an odd synchronisation, and beautiful to behold. And you were jealous as hell of it.

With a shake of your head, you pull yourself together and get in the shower. Melody wanted to shop and you wanted to find something that you could eat that wouldn't make you want to barf. Melody had also said there was a cute little boutique in town, it stocked maternity clothes and baby stuff. Honestly, you didn't even know what you needed. You would have to make a list, or ask Melody what she had already gotten.

You head down the stairs and see her eating a bowl of pineapple, you scrunch you nose up and head for the coffee machine.

"Don't even think about it" Melody wags her finger at you.

"I was gonna have decaf" you grumble and head for the fridge instead.

"Sure you were" She snorts and shoves another piece of pineapple in her mouth.

"What's with the all pineapple fruit salad?" you sip an orange juice instead.

"I can't get enough of it. As soon as I smell something fruity and tangy, I have to have it" she pops another piece in her mouth.

"More pregnancy crap for me to look forward to" you roll your eyes.

"Yup, now get your ass up. I need to move about a bit" She grabs her bag and ushers you out the door.

"So how close is Bucky's house to yours? You said in the last phone call he moved near by" you ask, as the car heads down the road.

"That's it there" She points out a cute two storey house with a garden.

The porch was big and had two rocking chairs. And the picket fence was backed up by rose bushes. Pink ones. You blink and look at Melody.

"I didnt tell him pink roses were your favourite" She holds up a hand.

"It looks like he... like he built that...for me" you are absolutely astounded.

The car drives past and you look back at it. He had planted pink roses for you. At least you thought it was for you, you hadn't really seen Bucky as the gardening type. But there they were and in full bloom. His garden must smell wonderful.

"I think he did. He would ask about you all the time. Weird little things that I didn't notice, until I visited his house" she smiles at you.

"He thought I would come back?" you ask sadly.

"Yeah. And you did" she grab your hand.

"Jesus, he's gonna think that I'm using him for the baby" your head thunks into the car window.

"I don't think he will. He'll be surprised obviously. But as long as you tell him the truth and discuss how your lives are gonna be then I think he'll be happy" Melody had an optimistic look on her face.

"Stop being so...so... Mommy on me" you huff out and she laughs.

"Mommy? Seriously?" she asks and you nod.

"Yeah, it's all parental advice and shit" you grumble.

"Was it good advice at least?" she smiles at you and you nod.