Chapter 4

The snotty waitress comes back and drops menus ungraciously on to the table. You watch as she rolls her eyes and walks away.

"How have you been doll?" Bucky ignores the woman, his eyes are glued to you.

"I've been fine. Travelling is fun but tiring" you tell him and he nods.

"I missed you" he smiles.

"What are you having?" Amina was back and glaring again.

She had positioned herself in between you and Bucky, her ass was practically in your face. She's smiling sweetly at him, but keeps glancing over her shoulder and frowning at you. Everybody orders but you, your stomach was twisting too much to eat. Besides, you got the feeling if you did order it would come out wrong.

"Not hungry?" Bucky asks.

"Nah, I'm fine" you shrug.

It was so weird being here, with him. He kept looking at you, or more accurately, looking you over. Like he was checking for wounds or problems. He had been like that with you after a vigorous round of sex, his hands and eyes all over you. Making sure you really were okay. It was an odd protective streak that he had. It was nice, knowing he still cared enough to make sure you were alright.

"So what bought you back?" his eyes hold hope.

You swallow hard and open your mouth, you were gonna do it. Right here and now, you would tell him.

"Here you go Bucky" Amina puts his plate down and smooths a hand over his arm.

You look at Melody who had a look of pure rage on her face for Amina. Steve was frowning at her as well. Amina drops the other plates and leaves with a wink to Bucky. He looks uncomfortable and shifts in his chair.

"So you're staying with Melody?" he asks.

"Yeah. She's let me park my RV in the drive and I get to live in the house like a real person" you giggle.

"Your RV is amazing Casey. But there was no way you were staying in it when I have room for you" Melody takes your hand.

"I've never seen your RV" Bucky smiles around the mouthful of food he's eating.

He wanted you to invite him to see it, you knew. And you were tempted to, just to get him alone so you could tell him what was going on.

"You can come by later and see it if you like?" you ask and he nods.

"It's amazing Bucky, she's tricked it out. It's huge inside too" Steve had had to have a look at it.

He wanted to fix your shower and had been amazed at what it looked like. On the outside it looked like any RV but you had spent time and money to make it a home on the inside. It was like a fuck you to your parents, refusing to get a real home. But now. Now you needed somewhere to live. And you could do your job anywhere, so choosing to put down roots where your best friend lived seemed like a great idea.

You would have a support system and a doctor. Bucky was there and the town was nice for kids. You had seen a few already, playing on the streets with bikes and balls. The few cars that were out gave them a wide birth to play and people seemed to keep an eye on them. It was everything you had wanted when you were a kid.

"I'll come by after work, if that's okay?" Bucky pulls you from your mind.

"Sure" you nod.

"I'll make dinner for everyone" Steve chimes in.

"Great. It's a date" Melody suddenly flushes at her words.

"A date" Bucky winks.

                                 ***