Week 12: Dollar Dollar Bills, Y'all

Time for another pack meeting. However, unlike the meeting last week, I was completely into the idea of actually being mentally "there" for a meeting. 

It's been a full twelve weeks since I moved here, and things are actually looking up.

I finally had way to make money, so I was finally able to pay my share of the rent, things were going well with Andri, things were going well with the pack, and, on top of all of that, I haven't had any blackouts or seizures in a couple of days. Everything was fantastic...

Or so I thought.

Derek was anxious. Lydia hadn't been seen in days, and there had been two murders within the past week. Although things were starting to finally look up for me, it seems like that that wasn't the case for everybody.

So, this pack meeting would mostly be about theories for the killings, and updates on the search for Lydia. Plus, since school starting was right around the corner, all of the highschoolers in our group would be both nervous and excited for their junior year. 

...

At Derek's loft, we were all pretty much just sitting on the floor, since Derek doesn't have many places to sit.

Not everyone was here. I looked around, and only saw Andri, Stiles, Scott, Erica, Boyd, and Cora.

"Why are we even wasting our time with this? It's not like these were horrendously violent murders," Cora protested, with her eyebrows raised and arms crossed.

"Yeah," Stiles agreed, "all that was seen on the autopsy was a cut on the neck, and it looked like they were killed with poison. It's not very werewolf-y, don'cha think?"

Scott nodded cautiously, not wanting to cause any trouble. "There wasn't even any special scent on the body. This doesn't really look like our kind of thing."

Derek crossed his arms, just like Cora. He rolled his eyes, unhappy that people were disagreeing with him. "Come on! This is our kind of thing. Two people were murdered just this week! And the only witness they have said that it didn't look human, but it didn't look like any animal they had seen before either. They said it looked like a giant, menacing lizard. How can that not be our kind of thing?"

"Or they were just tripping balls," Andri said nonchalantly, while looking at her chipped manicure.

"Another possibility," Cora agreed, loving to hear anyone arguing with her brother.

I didn't quite understand why Cora and Derek were having so many problems getting along with each other. I would kill to have a supportive family member like Derek. Although Derek definitely has his moments that aren't the best, I feel that people overall seriously underestimate how awesome he is. He's actually a pretty cool guy.

"Okay, you guys might be right," I took Derek's side, knowing that it might win me brownie points with him, "but even if this ends up not being a sign of other supernaturals, we should still investigate it more closely. Even if the killer isn't a supernatural, they're still a killer. We could end up saving lives here, and that's what we're all about, right?"

Scott and Boyd nodded. Erica was looking around the room, looking for everybody's reaction to help her figure out her own. 

Boyd spoke up. "She's right. Plus, the murders could have something to do with Lydia. Maybe it'll help us find her."

"I definitely agree," Stiles stood up, speaking over everyone else, "and anything that helps us find Lydia is something we should put all of our efforts into."

"Ugh," Cora groaned, "why are we even wasting time with that? She's just a dumb girl who got lost in the woods. It's not like she's even nice to any of us anyway."