Week 5: The Morning After

After the game of Spin the Bottle, everyone was weird around each other.

Now I know what you're thinking. "Of course it's weird, you dumbass. You had everyone make out with each other, you really didn't think that wouldn't have repercussions?" 

Shut up. Maybe it wasn't the best idea to get together a room full of exes, best friends, and people who might not like each other that much and shove their tongues down each other's throats. But hell, it was pretty fun.

Until now. 

Now, two days later, we're still feeling the post Spin-the-Bottle hangover. And don't think that I haven't suffered. Believe me, I have.

I'm in an apartment with my best friend and the one person who I don't like. They can't keep their hands off one another. 

Of course it would work out this way. I only dislike one person and she decides that he's just the greatest.

I don't have any idea what Andri and Jackson are, but whatever it is involves lots of intercourse. 

We share a bedroom, Andri. Pretty please will you find somewhere else to have sex with that thing?

I decided to walk over to Derek's since my sound-cancelling headphones weren't helping much. 

                                                                                        ...

As usual, the door was opened before I got the chance to knock. However, the person who opened it wasn't who I was expecting. It was Curly. 

 I walked in. "Hey Curls, what's up?" He raised an eyebrow and bit his lip.

"I have a name, you know. Isaac. It's there if you'd like to use it sometime." 

"I like nicknames. Sometimes a name doesn't do a person justice." I winked at Isaac.

"And you think that Curly, of all things, does me justice?" He pursed his lips.

"Curly, Puppy, Cutie Pie, whatever you'd like to be called works for me, sweetheart. Feel free to come up with a nickname for me if it keeps your pillow dry at night. Now where's Derek?"

"Derek's not here right now, he's at the grocery store. And Pickle."

"Okay, I'll just wait for him while I'm here, and pickle? Pickle what?"

He smirked. "That's my nickname for you. Like Dill Pickles. Pickles. Dill Pickles. Dill-an. Get it?"

I laughed. "Curly and Pickle 'till the end. It'll be an inside thing between just us." I smiled and he smiled back at me.

"Did you want to do something? Like hang out? Or, did you have another purpose in coming here?"

"Actually, I came here to get away from the constant sounds of moaning and grunting coming from my room. I think they picked up on the fact that I don't approve and it makes them like it even more."

He laughed. "So they did it in your room, too?"

"Kinda. It's Andri's room too, we both share a room. But still, I haven't been able to go in there for like four hours, it's like they're rabbits."

We both sat down on the couch. 

"Yeah, I totally get it. Derek was pretty pissed when he caught them doing it in his room... This is a bit off-topic, but could I ask you a question?"

"Shoot." I looked at him wondering what he would ask me.

"When I met you, that one night, you said you moved here to get away from your dad. Why, if you don't mind me asking?"