Week 6: Forgive, Can't Forget

People say that dreams are your brain manifesting its inner thoughts. That dreams are like your subconscious' playground.

If that's true, I'm pretty screwed up.

                                                      ...

I was standing in the middle of an empty park. I looked to my left and there he was, Devin.

Devin was a really close friend of mine, emphasis on was.

I looked around and I recognized where I was. It was a memory from the summer before I started highschool. I was fourteen, and he was a year younger than I was.

Devin and I were really close friends, and I really cared about him. We were at the park we would always go to.

He and I would sneak out to various places to talk. We'd ask each other personal questions and it was nice.

He looked at me and said, "You know, I've always found you attractive. Ever since I first met you."

I laughed. 

People had warned me about him. I didn't take their concerns too seriously, because Devin had a girlfriend. In fact, I was the one who set the both of them up. He couldn't like me. He didn't. Did he?

He stared into my eyes with a piercing glare. "I'm serious. It's hard to control myself when I see you."

"Hmmm." I half-smiled, but to be honest, he was making me a little uncomfortable.

He looked at my chest and licked his lips.

I rolled my eyes. "Up here, perv."

He got on top of me. I tried to squirm out. "You don't understand, Lannie, I can't help how you make me feel." 

The buttons of my top were ripped off. 

Realizing what he was trying to do, my body filled up with adrenaline.

I flipped him over so I was on top of him. He seemed to think that I was making a move on him.

I got up, and came up to me and tried to kiss me. I lifted my elbow and hit him in the chest as hard as I could. He fell down and I sprinted away, looking back at him every couple of seconds.

Then I looked in front of me, and there was my father. I stopped and widened my eyes in fear.

"That's better than what you deserve," he pointed at Devin and his other hand was in a fist, "that's what you get for being a ungrateful little..."

My eyes shot open and I gasped for air.

                                                                                             ...

"Dylan, what happened?" Andri turned on the lights and walked over to my bed.

"I had a dream." I looked at her, tears welling up in my eyes.

"A dream or a nightmare?" She looked into my now leaking eyes.

"Devin." I cupped my face in my hands.

She wrapped her arms around me tightly, stroking my hair.

                                                                                            ...

I was unable to sleep after that, and so after I convinced Andri I was fine I went out. 

I was in the middle of the forest, and I pulled out my phone. I didn't feel like walking all of the way to Derek's at night and all alone, so I came up with an idea.