Week 9: Unless You Die, We're Not Stopping

Training with Derek wasn't too bad, if you discount him making me work with him for over two hours every single day, his training involving lots of physical labor, and him being a total ass when he was in trainer mode.

Needless to say, it was less than fun.

"Focus on your senses!" Derek yelled in his loft.

"I am," I panted, "you ass."

He rolled his eyes.

"At least try to not be so pathetic," Derek knocked me off of the hurdle I was balancing on.

"I might not seem so pathetic if you lowered your standards... You do realize I have a serious heart condition and severe asthma, right? Things that are pretty nasty when aggravated by things like, I don't know, training for hours without a break." I took my inhaler out from my bra and took another puff of it.

"You know the rules, Dylan," he explained to me for the fourth time this hour, "unless you faint, start bleeding, or throw up, we're not stopping."

"Well I'm not going to be able to do much training if my heart and/or lungs give out. And unless you have a defibrillator, I'm going to need to stop. Plus, I've got work to do."

"You have a job?"

"Well, not yet," I started drying off, "but I'm never going to be able to get one if I'm always working with you. Andri and I only had ten-thousand dollars saved up and we're running through it pretty fast. We haven't even found an apartment, much less a job."

He raised his eyebrows at me. "Well, would you rather have money, or would you rather have your life?"

I scoffed. "Well my life doesn't do me much good if I have no way of getting luxurious things, like basic shelter or food."

"I can help you with that," Derek stated assuredly.

"What do you mean?"

"I can make you a deal. If I can use the both of you as assets, I'll take care of the food and shelter."

I laughed. "Are you asking if you can be my sugar daddy? It sounds like you're asking to be my sugar daddy."

He scoffed. "No, I'm offering that I can help you two get a start."

"If we work for you as assets."

Derek nodded. "Yes."

"And what exactly does that mean?"

"It means that you would be working as part of my pack."

"For you."

He nodded.

"No."

He raised his eyebrows and laughed. "And why not?"

"I'll think about it, and I'll ask Andri what she thinks," I sighed, "but I don't need some knight in shining armor to save me."

He looked impressed. "You're stubborn."

I nodded. "Like you wouldn't believe."

...

"So he's offering to just pay our bills and you're not going to take that offer? Have you hit your head recently?!" Andri looked completely flabbergasted that I wouldn't take the deal.

"I don't want some guy I just met to think I owe him something."

"We'd be working for his pack for money! We'd practically be like assassins. Come on, you can't actually look me in the eye and tell me that it wouldn't be awesome."

"Let's go talk to him about it, then. Let's go make a deal."

...

As we were about to knock on the door, it was swung open by Cora. 

"Oh," she sighed, "it's you again," She said with a barbed tone.

She left the room, uninterested in making small talk, and Andri went straight to claiming Derek's deal.

"Here's the thing, sourwolf," Andri started, "I may not be a big fan of yours, but Dylan and I really need some help in order to get started. We'd love-"

"Andri would love to take your deal. Congrats, you've got a witch in your clique. As for me, I'll help you out but I sure as hell am not going to let you throw money my way."

"Speaking of money, how much are we talking here? Momma needs a lotta moola to keep satisfied." Andri crossed her arms. She looked like she was about to negotiate.

"I'll start you out on eight-hundred a month, Andri. Enough that you can pay for the basics." Derek started out low.

Here's the thing, though. I know he's packing the cash. I've talked to Scott and Stiles about this guy, and they both say that he's had two different cars in the past four months. Plus,  I've read up a little about the Hale family.

And I know for a fact: Derek's hiding a little something. And by a little something, I mean that his family's net worth is not in the millions, but in the billions.

I know that he's got more than that to give Andri.

"No," I said sternly, "she's not going to be your personal witch just for that."

"Really? And why's that?" Derek crossed his arms, knowing what was coming next.

"I happened to look up some things about your family the other day," I smirked, "and I know that you're one of the richest people in Beacon Hills."

He tensed up.

"So, as Andri's advocate, I'm demanding a wage of at least three-thousand a month while she's going through training. Once her skills are fully developed we'll start taking more solid wages."

"Do you really think I'll go for that?" He questioned.

I held my ground. "Absolutely. Do you realize what having a witch in your pack will do to the amount of power you have as an alpha? You'll be completely unstoppable. And if you think she'll work for you for free after knowing how much money you have at your disposal, you're an idiot."

Andri sent thoughts towards me. Nice going, badass. Bring home the gold.

I smiled at her.

He nodded. "Alright. Three thousand a month it is. Now, Andri, your training is going to be much more difficult than anything you've been through before."

"Well," Andri started, "I'm just going to be learning a bunch of spells, right? That's not too bad."

He smirked. "No. If I'm going to be paying you to work for me, I need you to be the best. Not only do you need to have memorized as many spells as possible,  but you also need to be much physically and mentally stronger than you are now. If I'm going to pay you, I'm going to be making sure that it's worth my money. This is an investment that I'm making, and I need to make sure that it'll pay off."

...............................................................................................................

Thank you so much for reading!! I'm going to update this one soon, sorry that it's so short! I just wasn't sure where to cut it off and I didn't want to make it too long. Anyway, please vote and comment! Thank you!