Ineffable Suprise

Warning: This oneshot contains sexual scenes and mature content. If you feel uncomfortable don't read it. So, read at your own risk. All characters in this oneshot have legal age 18+ or over.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ash set down his plate after he'd finished off the pasta that was served to him. "That was great, Serena, thanks for fixing it. I'll get started on the dishes."

"No, you won't" Serena stated sternly as she shot out of her seat and to the sink. "You'll go and relax while I do the dishes." Ash shrugged her off and started to run some hot water anyway.

"I'm serious!" she said while pushing him away from the stack of dirty dishes. "I'll do the dishes and when I'm done, I'll give you your present" she finished with a small smile.

"You didn't have to get me anything" he began while gesturing out with his hand "wasn't all this enough?"

"NO! I had to get you a real present. Now get out of here!" she said, fed up with her boyfriend's persistence.

Ash finally gave up and left the room. After Ash and Serena had headed their separate ways, Serena ended up running into Ash along the paths in Johto. The two of them ended up becoming travelling partners and much to the amazement of many, a couple as well.

The two of them had just finished competing in the Cianwood City contest when Serena surprised Ash by telling him that she had rented a beach house for the two of them over the weekend. Ash hated having things done for him just because it was his birthday, but there wasn't much he could do about it.

About a half-hour later, Serena emerged into the living room and plopped down a bag in front of Ash. "Happy Birthday!" she exclaimed. He peeked inside and gave her confused look, "Serena, the bag is empty"

"Come upstairs if you want to see what was in there" said Serena as she gave him a suggestive wink.

Ash felt a flutter of excitement as she gave him a playful wink, and he rose to follow her upstairs. Wondering about the surprises she had prepared, his heart raced with anticipation as they walked up the stairs and Serena opened the door to the bedroom. Inside, a trail of soft candlelight created a warm ambiance, leading to the bed where a magnificent birthday cake awaited.

The bedroom was bathed in a gentle, warm glow, creating an atmosphere of subtle intimacy. Ash entered, his curiosity growing with each passing moment. Serena stood by the dresser, holding something delicate in her hand.

"Okay, close your eyes Ashy" she instructed, a playful tone in her voice.

Ash did as he was told, his heart beating faster with each passing second. He could hear Serena moving closer to him, and then he felt her delicate fingers at the back of his neck, clasping something.

"Now, open your eyes" Serena said.

Ash slowly opened his eyes and his breath caught in his throat when he saw a shining pendant in his neck. It was a beautiful pendant, a gold chain with a small, heart shaped locket. On the locket was a picture of the two of them as children, their smiles filled with innocence and joy.

His voice trembling with emotion, Ash asked "Is that..."

Serena nodded, her eyes glistening with affection. "It's us when we first met, Ash. I wanted you to have something that reminds you of our journey together, from the very beginning."

Ash reached out and took the pendant gently in his hand, his fingers brushing against the image of their younger selves. He couldn't find the words to express how he felt, but his eyes spoke volumes as he looked at Serena with overwhelming affection and love.