Chapter 3

A/n: I am really sorry for updating late as I was shifting to a new house due to which I am busy. I hope you like the next chapter. Please vote, comment and share guyz I really need your support.

Siya POV:

I woke up a bit late today since it's the weekend. I feel tired, and my whole body is sore from yesterday's beating. It's 6 o'clock, and I need to start preparing breakfast; everyone eats at 7:30 am. Carefully getting up, I freshen up, and I can take a shower after preparing breakfast.

After preparing breakfast for everyone and setting it on the dining table, I head to take a shower. Opting for Di's old clothes since it's a day off, I hear a noise downstairs-it's Bhai. I excitedly rushing down the stairs, but clumsy me trips and falls on my butt, and it's hurt like hell as my body is already paining from yesterday's beating.

"Pagal ladki, kabhi toh dekh kar chal liya kar, maina ki main handsome hoon, ladkiyan mujhe dekh kar girne lagti hain. Iska matlab ye nahi hai ki tu har baar giregi," bhai said laughingly. I got up and replied, "Bhai, bhai aap ka aur handsome ka koi relation nahi hai tum bandar jaise dikhte ho," I said, playfully responding.

("Crazy girl, try walking carefully for once," I know 'I'm handsome, girls trip when they see me but that doesn't mean you have to fall every time," he said laughingly. I got up and replied, "Brother, there's no connection between you and handsome. You look like a monkey," I said, playfully responding.)

"Shut up Siya, Is that the way you talk your brother. Thank God, you are getting married and we get rid of you. I wish you were never born," my dad Randhir said angrily.

As I listened to my dad's words, tears threatened to fall from my eyes, but I composed myself. I knew dad didn't like me, but hearing that he wished for my death, left me feeling numb. I struggled to grasp the reality of the situation, unsure of what was happening in my surroundings.

"That's why I came, Dad. She is not getting married to anyone. She is studying, and she's not ready for marriage. I won't allow anyone to marry her against her will!" Bhai declared, his words echoing with determination as he raised his voice.

"Don't you dare yell at me, young man, and your sister is getting married. That's final," Dad said to bhai.

"She's your own flesh and blood, Dad. Show some empathy. How can you treat your own daughter like this? Think about how Mom would feel," your brother insisted, his anger resonating in his raised voice.

"Dad's slap echoed through the room, and I snapped back to reality. She's the reason your mom isn't with us!" Dad yelled furiously, his anger intensifying.

"But..." bhai started, and I cut him off. "Bhai, drop it. I'll go through with the marriage. It's okay for me. Perhaps, they might allow me to pursue my studies, and this could be a way out of this hell," I said calmly.

"But if they don't agree with your studies or if they are like them," your brother said with concern.

"Bhai, let's think positively, okay? They are coming for lunch, and we will see how it goes," I said, trying to reassure him. I didn't want bhai relationship with Dad to shatter, even if it meant sacrificing my own happiness. I knew the pain of being ignored and unnoticed by family, and I didn't want the same for my brother. I had grown accustomed to it, but he hadn't, and I couldn't bear to see him suffer because of me.

"Fine", bhai said and left for his room. "Go and prepare lunch! Get ready! They will arrive soon!" Dad yelled.

I prepared lunch diligently, focusing on the task at hand to distract myself from the impending meeting. Once the meal was ready, I went to get ready for their arrival. I wear a red kurta with palazzo pants, and adorned myself with the earrings bhai bought for me. A touch of lipstick and cream completed the look. As I looked in the mirror, anxiety gripped me, my hands shaking with nervousness. The thoughts of what lay ahead weighed heavily on my mind, creating a sense of unease.