Chapter 7

Siya POV:

My alarm rudely interrupted my peaceful sleep, and I groaned as I reached out to shut it off. Still half-asleep, I mumbled to myself, "After 5 minutes, I'll wake up." I snuggled into what felt like a combination of a soft and hard pillow, wondering when I even got one. As I opened my eyes, I realized it was Abhiram, and I was sleeping on his chest. Wait, but I remember falling asleep on the couch. How did I end up here? Let's think about it later, Siya. It's your first day here; go and get ready, I said to myself.

Attempting to free myself from Abhiram's grip, I found that it only tightened. After a considerable effort, I finally managed to free myself. As I started to step out of my mattress, the clumsy side of me kicked in. One leg remained caught in the mattress, and despite my attempts to maintain balance, I tumbled off the bed with a loud bump. "Ouch, my bum," I exclaimed, rubbing the sore spot.

The noise I made must have woken Abhiram up, and as he saw me, I managed an awkward smile, revealing my white teeth. Hastily, I got up as fast as I could, but luck wasn't on my side, and I tumbled down again, albeit more carefully this time.

Abhiram, now fully awake, questioned, "What are you doing down here? Don't tell me you sleep on the ground."

"No, I didn't sleep here. I, uh, actually fell down," I confessed, and to my surprise, he burst into laughter. It was the first time I had seen him genuinely laugh, and for a moment, the tension between us dissolved.

"You should laugh more; you look good laughing instead of sulking," I remarked, but my attempt at lightening the mood was met with an immediate return to his cold demeanor.

Undeterred by Abhiram's swift return to his usual reserved self, I decided to focus on getting ready for the day. As I moved towards the bathroom, I couldn't shake off the warmth from witnessing that brief moment of laughter from him.

I pondered on the details of Abhiram's personality. His laughter had been like a fleeting glimpse of a different side, a side I was curious to explore further. However, the walls he had carefully built around himself seemed impenetrable.

I came out from the bathroom, in a bathrobe, and noticed Abhiram engrossed in his work. The palpable tension from the morning's events lingered in the air, prompting me to make an effort to break the silence.

"Good morning," I greeted, trying to keep the atmosphere light.

"Morning," he replied, his gaze briefly meeting mine before returning to his work.

Then, I started getting ready and decided to wear a red plain satin silk saree. Suddenly, the realization hit me - I didn't know how to wear a saree. "What the hell, Siya? Can't you ask bhabhi maa to teach you how to wear a saree? How could you forget such an important thing? tu nah ek no. Ki pagal hi rhegi (I am number 1 crazy)," I scolded myself.

In a panic, I thought, "Okay, calm down

In a panic, I thought, "Okay, calm down. I can watch a YouTube video, right?" Glancing around the room, I saw that Abhiram had already gone to his gym, so I had the room to myself. After a few tries, I managed to wrap the saree around me, but getting the finishing is not coming, it's like i am wearing a sack.