Chapter 4

A/n: Please don't be a silent reader I really need your support. Please please vote and comment.

Siya POV:

The week has passed, and today is my engagement. The previous week was dreadful and hectic. Every day, my mom and di(elder sister) beat me regularly. My whole body was sore and tired. Despite all that, here I am, ready for the engagement.

I haven't spoken to Abhiram since that day. The only communication I've had is with Abhiram's mom and Chachi. They are the sweetest people; I go shopping with them and bought my engagement and wedding dress. They insisted on paying for it, and though I said no many times, they insisted, so I gave in. They even suggested buying more, but I politely refused as I prefer not to have others pay for my things.

You might be wondering how I got in contact with them. I bought a phone because I didn't have any choice; I didn't know how to explain to my in-laws why I didn't have one. In my phone, I have only 5-10 contacts: my friends, bhai, soon-to-be bhabhi, dadaji, momma (Abhiram's mom), and chachi(aunt).

My bhai is already engaged, and their marriage is fixed for three months after mine. My bhabhi(sister-in-law) is kind, beautiful, and elegant. She resembles my maa, which is why I affectionately call her bhabhi maa.

"Are you ready, Siya? Your to-be-husband already came," my bhabhi said, entering my room. "Yes, bhabhi, I am ready, but I'm really nervous," I replied. "Don't worry, Siya, it's normal to be nervous. Besides, we are here with you, okay?" she reassured me. "And look at you; I swear Jiju will be head over heels seeing you. You look so beautiful," bhabhi continued.

I wore a grey lehenga, opted for natural makeup, and let my hair flow down, ending with wavy curls. I chose to keep some loose strands as I have beaten marks on my back, and I love loosy hairs.

Siya's outfit

Siya's outfit

"Ab Chalo(Now, let's go); everyone is waiting for you," bhaibhi said. Stepping into the hall, my nerves started to fade, but my hands were sweaty from nervousness. Bhabhi, noticing my anxiety, gave my hand a reassuring squeeze and offered comforting words. The support from her helped ease the tension as I prepared to face the eagerly awaiting crowd.

My eyes locked with his brown orbs, and he looked absolutely dashing-handsome like a Greek god. His physique, sharp jawline, and overall perfection left me in awe. Now I understand why everyone says men look hot and sexy in traditional attire. When our eyes met again, he smirked, and I couldn't help but look down, overcome with embarrassment. I wished the earth would swallow me, but the continuous stares and being the center of attention didn't make the situation any easier.

 I wished the earth would swallow me, but the continuous stares and being the center of attention didn't make the situation any easier