Chapter 6

Siya POV:

As we arrived at Abhiram's house, no longer just a house, it felt more like a palace,he exterior unfolded like a grand tapestry of architectural elegance. Majestic pillars framed the entrance, adorned with intricate carvings that spoke of a rich heritage. The sprawling gardens, meticulously landscaped, added a touch of natural beauty to the regal structure.

The facade of the palace boasted large windows adorned with ornate designs, allowing a glimpse of the opulence that awaited within. The architecture blended traditional aesthetics with modern luxuries, creating a harmonious symphony of the past and present.

"It's so beautiful from the outside; I wonder how it looks from the inside," I thought, captivated by the intricate details of the palace-like structure.

As Abhiram left without waiting for me, a wave of sadness washed over. I stepped out of the car, feeling a bit lost, but to my surprise, all the youngsters came forward to pick me up.

"Bhabhi, maa, aap chinta mat karo, bhai aesa hi hai. Aao, hum aap ko lekar chalte hai (Sister-in-law, don't worry. That's just how brother is. Come, we'll take you)," Krish reassured with a warm smile.

As I reached the entrance, there was Abhiram, patiently waiting for me. Maa, with a smile that radiated warmth, performed the aarti, symbolizing the blessing and protection of the divine for our new journey together.

Maa, with a tender smile, began to explain the significance of the rituals that awaited us. She pointed towards the vessel filled with grains, emphasizing that it symbolized abundance and the heartfelt wish for a prosperous and fertile life in our new home. The grains, scattered strategically, echoed the promise of growth and prosperity within the walls of our shared space.

Next, Maa drew my attention to the thali filled with vermillion, an integral part of the ritual. Maa pointed to the footprints drawn on the floor. These footprints, imprinted with vermillion, represented the sacred path we were embarking upon. Each step taken on this adorned path was symbolic of the auspicious beginning of our life together, a journey guided by traditions and the blessings of our elders.

On a plate, there were rings hidden in milk, flowers, and haldi. The youngsters split into teams, with some supporting me as the bride and the elders on Abhiram's side. Maa explained that finding the ring would give an upper hand in marriage. There were three rounds, and in the first, Abhiram won, making the youngsters say, "Bhabhi, aapko jeetna hai, please (Sister-in-law, you have to win, please)." In the second round, I won, making the youngsters happy. The third round was also won by me. "Bhaiya, ab toh aapko bhabhi ke isharo par chalna hoga (Brother, now you have to follow sister-in-law's orders)," Krish teased. Abhiram asked if he could go to the room after all the rituals, and Dadaji nodded. Abhiram went to his room.

Maa guided me to Abhiram's room, and as I stepped inside, my jaw dropped in amazement. The room was incredible, surpassing my expectations. What caught my eye the most was the balcony – a charming space that seemed to invite the outside world in.

Abhiram's room was more spacious than my entire house, leaving me in awe of the grandeur. The tasteful decor, the soft hues, and the attention to detail reflected a blend of elegance and comfort. It was a room that not only spoke of luxury but also felt like a haven, a space where every corner exuded warmth and style.

As I explored the room, the balcony became my favorite spot. The view it offered was enchanting, and the thought of spending moments there filled me with joy. Abhiram's room, with its size and grace, felt like a world of its own, a perfect setting for the beginning of our shared life.

Then, my eyes met with Abhiram's. After a prolonged silence, Abhiram finally spoke, "Woh aapka suitcase maine andar walk-in closet mein rakwa diya hai. Aur yeh bathroom hai (I've placed your suitcase inside the walk-in closet. And this is the bathroom)," he pointed towards the door on the left side, "Aap yahaan change kar sakti hain (You can change here)," he said. As I proceeded to change when suddenly I heard a knock on the door.