Chapter 13

Siya POV:

After waking up in the balcony where I had cried myself to sleep, My body ached all over, and had a bad headache which is killing me. It looked like Abhiram didn't come home because the room was just as I left it, messy and quiet. I decided to clean up the room first, picking up things and putting everything back in its place, trying to make the room look nice again.

Then, I went to the bathroom to wash my face. Looking in the mirror, I could see that my face was pale and tired from all the crying last night. It made me sad, but it also made me decide something important. I told myself that I wasn't going to let Abhiram or anyone else make me feel this way anymore or to toy with my emotions any longer.

Feeling a bit stronger after making that decision, I took a nice bath. The warm water helped me feel a bit better and washed away the sadness from last night. After the bath, I put on some fresh clothes that made me feel good about myself.

With my head held high, I walked downstairs, ready to start a new day. I was determined not to let last night's sadness affect me anymore. I wanted to show that I could handle whatever comes my way with strength and grace.

In the quiet morning, I decided to make a special breakfast for everyone. The kitchen was peaceful, and I used this time to prepare a variety of vegetarian dishes, focusing on putting my feelings aside and creating a delicious meal for the family. I started with aloo paratha. Alongside, I cooked up some savory suji ka halwa.

I also made a fresh batch of poh. To complement these, I prepared a mixed vegetable sabzi, a medley of seasonal vegetables cooked with spices, perfect for those who preferred something less carb-heavy.

As I was cooking, I focused on the joy it brought me, the way the spices melded together, and the colors of the fresh vegetables. It was a way to channel my energy into something positive and nurturing. Cooking had always been my escape, a way to express love and care for myself and others.

Once everything was ready, I carefully arranged the dishes on the dining table, making sure it looked inviting. I called out to the family, letting them know breakfast was served. As they came in, I greeted them with a warm smile, pushing aside the memories of yesterday’s hardships. I wanted to focus on the now, on the simple act of sharing a meal.

As we gathered around the dining table to enjoy the breakfast I had prepared, I noticed a conspicuous absence. Abhiram wasn't present, and a tinge of disappointment flickered within me. Curiosity overcoming me, I couldn't help but inquire, "Where's Abhiram?"

Dadaji, sensing my concern, replied with a reassuring smile, "Beta, he went early to the office. He mentioned having an important meeting and didn't want to disturb you. Perhaps that's why he didn't inform you." And I nod.

As I finished setting the breakfast table, my parents, Maa and Papa, insisted that I should have breakfast before leaving for college. Maa lovingly said, "Beta, have a good breakfast before you go. It's important to start the day with a full stomach."

Papa added, "Yes, Siya. Don't rush. Sit down and eat with us. It'll give you energy for the day."

I smiled gratefully but explained, "Thank you, Maa, Papa, but I'm running a bit late today. I'll grab something to eat in college. Don't worry; I won't go hungry."

Maa, a bit concerned, said, "Siya, it's not good to skip breakfast. You know it's the most important meal of the day."

Papa chimed in, "Exactly. Take a few minutes to eat. We'll feel better knowing you've had a proper breakfast."

I reassured them, "I promise I'll eat something in college. I'm just running a bit behind schedule today. Don't worry, I'll take care of myself."

Understanding my commitment, Maa and Papa reluctantly let me go, reminding me to eat well and take care. As I headed out for college, their words lingered in my mind, a comforting reminder of their love and concern for my well-being.