Chapter 5

Siya POV:

The month has passed, and today is my wedding. I'm standing in front of the mirror, and many beauticians are helping me get ready, all arranged by my in-laws. Let me tell you, these were the most awful months. My dii and mom beat me daily, and now it has intensified to beating me everywhere, banging my head on the wall, and more. They call me terrible names like slut, whore, and a bad omen. They claim that my dad never loves or cares for me, that my mumma hates me, and that she died because of me. These physical beatings can be treated with medical care, but the mental abuse is the worst-it lingers in the heart, and no matter how much I try to forget, it remains.

My body hurts, and there are marks all over, except on my face which has healed. The visible marks on other parts, noticeable in my bridal outfit, make me apply moisturizer to hide them.

My thoughts came to an end when bhabhi came. "OMG, look at you! You are looking so beautiful. I swear if I were a boy, I would surely marry you," bhabhi maa said, and I smiled. "Thank you so much. I think it's all done," I told the beautician and they left.

Siya's bridal lehenga

"Oh, really? I think you're happy with me" bhai said as he entered the room, and I chuckled. "I am the girl nah, so I am all yours. Don't worry; I am not going anywhere," reassured bhabhi maa. "Yeah, meet me alone, then I'll tell you how not to worry," bhai teased, and bhabhi blushed, making me laugh. "Don't laugh; your time is coming soon," bhabhi said, and I frowned playfully.

"Princess, remember, I am always there for you. If anything happens, you tell me. I am just one call away, okay?" bhai said. "Don't worry, bhai. I will be fine," I reassured.

"Bhabhi maa, but I am really nervous. There are so many people outside, and I will be the center of attention. I don't know how I will handle it," I said.

"Don't worry, we are there for you, and it's normal to be nervous on the wedding day. My mom told me," bhabhi reassured.

"Your momma isn't here, so listen to me. Marriage is a huge responsibility, Siya. It's not just a union of two souls; it's also a bond between two families. His family is now yours. His and his family's problems, achievements-they become yours. It's your responsibility to always unite them. I know it's a huge responsibility, but as women, we have to do it. It's not easy to be a woman. We women need to be strong, and Siya, let me tell you, you are very strong. I know you will be able to handle it. If you handle this family, then you can handle your in-laws too, as they care and love you. It's easier there than here. And the most important thing is, we are always there for you. If any problem arises, don't hesitate to ask me. You are strong, Siya. Nobody can make you forget that," bhabhi maa said, and I hugged her with tears welled up in my eyes.

"Oh, where is my hug?" bhai said, and he hugged me, tears in his eyes. "I am sorry, princess, for not being able to be there for you, not being able to help you. I know my sorry wasn't able to bring those days back, but please forgive me for not being able to become the brother you wanted me to be. I miss you, princess," bhai said, and my tears fell, and we sobbed.