Chapter 17

A/n: OMG OMG! Thank you so much, everyone, for 6k reads! I know it's not much, but for me, it means the world. Please also vote, guys. Reads and votes should be equal, right? So please don't be silent readers. Comment, vote, and share.
Take care.

I'm sorry, guys, for the late update. Actually, I haven't been feeling like writing lately. I still haven't found a job yet, and I'm in my fourth year of college. My parents and relatives are constantly taunting me, so my mood is off.

I know I should be studying, but for some reason, I just can't seem to focus. Ugh, what a life. Yeah, your author also hears taunts it from her parents on a daily basis.

Sorry for rambling on. You can continue with your story now.
Enjoy!

Siya POV:

The next morning, rays of sunlight filtered through the curtains, casting a warm glow in the room. As I slowly stirred from my slumber, the realization dawned upon me – it was Diwali, the festival of lights, a day filled with significance and joy.

As I stood by the window, watching people outside preparing for Diwali, a mix of emotions flooded my heart. Diwali was once my favorite time of the year, filled with bright lights, sweets, and family laughter. But ever since my mumma passed away, it's been hard to find joy in the festivities.

Back when my mumma was around, Diwali and Holi were the best days of the year. Our home would be decked out in colorful decorations, and the air would be filled with the smell of delicious sweets. But after she left us, everything changed. It's like the happiness got sucked out of the celebrations, leaving behind a hollow feeling.

At my parent house, no one really paid attention to me anymore. It's like I didn't matter to them after she was gone. So, Diwali became just another day, a painful reminder of what I had lost.

Seeing everyone else getting ready for the festival made me long for those happy times again, even though the memories brought tears to my eyes. It's tough to think about celebrating without my mumma, but a part of me still yearns for that sense of belonging, for the warmth of family. With a heavy heart, I made my way downstairs, unsure of what the day would bring.

As the day of Diwali unfolded, I found myself immersed in the whirlwind of preparations. Abhiram had left for the office but promised to be back by lunchtime. With the festive spirit filling the air, everyone in the house was busy decorating and preparing sweets. As I busied myself with Diwali preparations, Abhiram left for the office, promising to be back home by lunchtime. Meanwhile, the house was bustling with activity as we prepared sweets and decorated every corner.

Amidst the chaos, Vihaan, Aadhya, Ishaan, Krish, and I found ourselves bickering and teasing each other, as siblings often do. Vihaan, the eldest, started it by teasing me about how Abhiram had changed because of me.

"Hey, bhabhi, looks like our bhai has become a new person since you came into his life," Vihaan said with a mischievous grin, earning laughter from the others.

Aadhya, always quick to join in, chimed in, "Yeah, he used to be so serious all the time. Now he's smiling like he's won the lottery!"

Ishaan, trying to imitate Abhiram's serious expression, added, "Remember when bhai used to scold us for the smallest things? Now he's like a big teddy bear!"

Krish, jumped in, "I bet it's all because of Bhabhi maa magic! She's got him wrapped around her finger."

Their teasing brought a smile to my face, and I played along, pretending to be offended. "Hey, don't blame me if your bhai has become soft. I'm just lucky to have such a wonderful husband," I said, joining in their laughter.