chapter 1

Cherry, Atticus, and Cherry's parents were helping the couple named Betty and John with their moving.

"Thank you so much for your help," Betty smiled at her soon to be ex-neighbors. "Now the moving men can get everything else."

"No problem, Betty..." Michelle said, she then hugged the woman as she nearly cried. "Call us as soon as you get to your new place."

"Will do." Betty promised.

"You guys have everything?" Cherry asked John as he put some things in the back of their truck while Tom was still asleep in the living room.

"Yes, we do." John said.

"Looks like someone is still asleep." Atticus said.

Then from behind Atticus, Patch appeared. "I'll wake him up." he volunteered, walking up to Tom ready to get him up the only way a canine can get a cat up.

"Thomas? Tom, honey!" Betty called from inside. "Wake up, Tom, we're leaving!"

The cat was still asleep, but saw the Dalmatian puppy. He then remembered what today was. He grabbed his pillow and flipped his bowl onto his head as he was going out to join the humans to move away.

The brown mouse who lived in the house too, not causing too much trouble heard the news, he grabbed his tiny bags and a blanket as he ran out of his hole, going to move away with them too.

"We'll call you when we get there," Betty told Cherry's parents. "We got at least eight hours of driving ahead us... Oh, am I forgetting anything?"

Michelle chuckled, hugging the woman. "It'll be alright... You two have a good time... We'll miss you very much."

"Well, Tom and Jerry are ready to leave." Patch said.

"Come on, honey, we better get ready." John told his wife as he got into the car.

"Well... I guess this is goodbye..." Betty said softly.

"Goodbye, thanks so much for the help on the homework and everything." Cherry waved to the couple.

Betty and John went to their car and waved goodbye as they were just about ready to move away.

"Well, goodbye Tom and Jerry, I hope you and your owners will be happy in your new house." Patch said to the tom cat and the brown mouse.

The cat and mouse waved.

"Come on, guys, let's play video games." Cherry said, taking out a couple of controls and went off with them to her place.

Tom got comfortable, but once he saw Jerry was coming aboard too, he was trying to get rid of him as Betty and John were ready and starting to drive off, following their moving van.

"I sure am going to miss those two." Patch said.

"Won't be the same without 'em..." Cherry said as she put a game in and held the player one controller since it was her house and she gave controllers to the boys to play with her. "Now which one of you wants to eat my dust first?" she smirked teasingly to them.

"Oh, it's on." Atticus accepted her challenge.

Cherry cackled, she got the game all set up and now they could play. Michelle decided to make them some pizza and gave them a liter bottle of soda pop.

"I'm gonna go and visit Tom and Jerry's old house for old time's sake." Patch said, leaving, already missing the tom cat and the brown mouse.

"Okay..." Cherry and Atticus said, nearly like zombies as they were hooked onto their game already.