chapter 6

Robyn, Atticus, and Cherry were still asleep when Figg went to take the animals over to Dr. Applecheek first thing in the morning. In fact, they weren't even aware that she got up early and left. Cherry woke up though and had an inner sense: Something was very wrong. Tom, Jerry, and Patch looked out the window and could see that it didn't look too bad, there were a lot of chirping birds and happy woodland critters.

'Wow, looks like a nice place, it's surprising that someone like Figg would take us to someplace like this.' Patch thought.

"Well, here it is~" Aunt Figg opened the door and carried the carriers she kept Tom, Jerry, and Patch inside. "Your new home." she then went to the front door and knocked on it, waiting for the owner of the house.

A kindly old man came to the door and smiled. "Ah... Dr. Jacob Applecheek at your service..." he introduced himself.

"Miss Figg, doctor," Aunt Figg greeted back. "Miss Pristine Figg."

The two shared a laugh with each other.

"And these are the three creatures that are darling and forced out of the home..." Figg held up the carriers to the man.

"And you don't have room for them, so you brought them here...."

Tom, Jerry, and Patch were a little anxious about leaving their former human friends.

"Do we have a choice?" Tom asked.

"Yeah, this, or the river." Jerry replied.

"I choose this than the river." Patch said.

"They'll be in good hands." Dr. Applecheek assured the woman as she left and went inside his place with the animals, letting them out of their carriers now.

Tom, Jerry, and Patch walked out, looking around.

'This guy does seem to be nice,' Patch thought. 'But why do I have a sinking feeling he's keeping a secret?'

Dr. Applecheek showed them various other pictures of other animals in care. He then placed a new collar on Patch, getting rid of his old one. Patch frowned at that. That collar was a reminder of home and now it was gone, but maybe this was just so Applecheek could keep him in line better. Dr. Applecheek smiled to them, then shoved them back into their carriages and opened a door, throwing them down to a couple of masked dog-catchers.

"HERE BOYS, TAKE GOOD CARE OF THEM!" Dr. Applecheek laughed, revealing a menacing side, he locked Tom and Jerry into a shared cage while Patch had his own.

Patch growled, he was going to use his strength to get out of here, but he was weakened for some reason. It had been a citronella collar that could easily drain him of all he was worth if he kept misbehaving.

"Let us out you, evil, heartless man and get this collar off of me!" Patch growled.

Dr. Applecheek wasn't going to do that though, he even whipped at some of the animals. This wasn't very happy for anybody and he was said to be the kindest man in the world. He even laughed as he was going to make money off of them, even when he kept some pets for families that would move away, needed help with animal hoarding, or anything else like that. There was even a female puppy that resembled Angel. Patch looked to her, very curiously.

Meanwhile...

"They're gone?" Robyn whimpered once she, Cherry, and Atticus were told of what happened this morning while they were asleep. "You took them away without letting us say goodbye?"

"How could you do that?" Atticus asked the evil woman.

"Oh, it'll be fine," Figg smiled as she gave herself a cup of tea. "You know the only thing animals care about is when they'll eat again."

"Yeah, yeah!" Ferdinand chuckled.

"First my daddy and now Tom, Patch, and Jerry!" Robyn was outraged.

"Figg, you're wrong, animals don't care only about food, they also care about each other and that includes pets, caring about their owners and owners care about their pets, but you wouldn't know that because you don't care about your dog or his health!" Atticus yelled.

"I care immensely about him, you selfish little boy!" Figg shrugged that off, she then handed a cupcake to him.

Ferdinand grinned and gobbled down the cupcake, adding more fat to his bulging body.

"You all need to think about them," Figg smirked to them as she continued to drink. "They're happy where they are."

"Excuse me while I find a container for my own joy..." Cherry murmured sarcastically.

Atticus was enraged with what Figg said about him, he wasn't a selfish person, wasn't he?

"Come on, guys, we're outta here..." Cherry pushed Atticus and Robyn out of the room.

Figg sipped her tea as she watched them go off.