chapter 7

Tom and Jerry were really miserable as they were locked up with nothing to do and looked just as good as those abused animal commercials with a Sarah MacLaughan song on in the background with a celebrity like Susan Sarandon speaking up for the poor animals.

"This is it, boys," Applecheek told his henchmen. "Our first night with the three new ones and Pristine Figg has warned me about the Dalmatian's special talent..." he said as he spun the red collar around his finger. "And she's paid me handsomely to keep them here forever and ever!" he chuckled as he took out an envelope, then went up the stairs, shutting the door behind him.

"Angel?" Patch asked the puppy that looked like Angel. "Is that you?"

The puppy looked over. "No... I'm not Angel..." she said softly to him. "I have a sister named Angel though."

"I'm sorry, you and Angel must be twins then." Patch said.

"Probably... Sorry about the confusion though..." the puppy scratched herself against her purple ribbon that looked much fancier than Angel's after she and Mo were adopted by 'Jim Dear and Darling'.

"Do you know how we can get out of here?" Patch asked the puppy, hoping she knew how they could escape.

"I'm sorry, sweetie..." the female puppy sighed.

All hope felt lost.

"Well, well, well..." a familiar voice called out to the cat, mouse, and Dalmatian puppy.

"Pugsley, Frankie!" Tom was shocked.

"What're you guys doing here?" Jerry popped his head through the bars of their cage.

"The stray-catcher's finally got me," Pugsley sighed. "So, I ain't workin' all the time..."

"I've been tellin' you that for years." Frankie folded his arms on the end of the dog's nose.

"So how'd you three guys end up in a place like this?" Pugsley asked them.

"Evil aunt paid the man to keep us here for the rest of our lives." Patch said.

"Yeah, we met this little orphan girl-" Tom started.

"Her name's Robyn." Jerry added.

"Only she's not an orphan..."

"Her father's alive!"

"Yeah, but she don't know it yet."

"WHAT!?" Pugsley looked to them. "What're you guys talkin' about?"

"It's like I said, her Aunt Figg got us before we could tell her, and I don't think Cherry or Atticus would tell her without us!" Patch explained.

"We gotta bust outta here..." Tom sighed.

"And they took my collar and now I can't do anything!" Patch whined.

"What do you mean?" Jerry asked.

"This collar seems to have drained me of my god-like strength." Patch informed them.

"Must be some hi-tech collar," Pugsley shrugged, he then looked over as the masked catchers were falling asleep on the job and saw a set of controls. "Somebody's gotta get over there and press the buttons on the control panel!"

"Don't look at me," Tom shook his head. "How could I get outta this cage?"

"If I had my strength, then I'd bust open this thing." Patch added.

"I think I can." Jerry said as he squeezed his head through the bars since he was small.

"I know you can!" Tom flicked him out of the cage then.

Jerry glanced at the tom cat, then went for the control panel to save everybody from this nightmare of an animal shelter.

"You can do it, Jerry." Patch said.

Jerry did his best to keep quiet as the men were fast asleep, snoring loudly. He wondered which button would do it and jumped up and landed on one that opened Tom and Patch's cages. Each of the buttons must be for each cell then. He then landed on all the buttons one-by-one and soon enough, all the other cats and dogs were saved! Including the infamous Droopy Dog who was just as happy and miserable as always.

"Alright!" Pugsley cheered for the mouse. "Everybody out!"

The masked men ended up in each other's arms as the dogs and cats were running with a stampede for their great escape.

"Yes! Freedom!" Patch cheered while trying to get the collar off.

"QUIET DOWN THERE!" Applecheek heard the animals. "I'M ON THE-"

The dogs and cats then ran up the stairs, ambushing him and made Patch's collar fall out of his pocket.

"I'll take that!" Patch jumped in the air, putting his original collar back on as he ran with the other animals.

Jerry hopped off the doctor's nose while Tom ran on top of his head and they were all out. Patch opened the window for everybody.

"Thank you so much," the female puppy said to the Dalmatian puppy. "If you ever see Angel again, ask her if she knows a puppy named 'Magenta'."

Patch nodded. "I will!"

The female puppy smiled and went off with the others.

"Come on, guys, let's get back to Robyn, Atticus, and Cherry." Patch said.

Tom was about to beat Jerry on the way out, but hit his head on the window frame and walked out, dazed. Jerry shrugged to Patch, then went out with him and they were all home free.

"Pretty fancy footwork, pussycat." Pugsley shook paws with Tom.

Jerry smiled and hugged Frankie.

"Get going and give that orphan kid the good news!" Pugsley said to them.

"Right!" Jerry went down the street.

Tom saluted and followed him and Patch.

"Robyn, Atticus, and Cherry, wait for us we're coming back and are never going to leave you guys again." Patch said before howling while running.