chapter 11

Robyn smiled, very hopeful. Tom and Jerry wondered where Aunt Figg and Lickboot were now, but maybe they lost them and could stop worrying.

"Straight to Robyn's Nest!" Robyn called with a smile once she came across some familiar landscapes.

"I can't wait to see Robyn's Nest and see the inside of it." Patch said, getting excited.

It took a little while and the sun was starting to set.

"There it is!" Robyn chirped as she pointed to her favorite place in the world, showing her new friends. "That little cottage! Daddy built it just for me!"

"That's nice, Robyn." Patch liked this place so far.

"Now your dad can find out," Cherry said as they got out of the boat. "Maybe he's already there!"

"I'll bet he is!" Robyn ran up the stairs to get to the door, very eager.

"Come on, let's go and see if he's already there." Atticus said, joining Robyn.

Tom, Jerry, and Patch came slowly behind with them.

Robyn opened the front door, happy that it was unlocked and she ran inside. "Daddy?"

The lantern was flashed on to reveal a dark and sinister face. "Daddy is dead..."

Robyn screamed, it was Aunt Figg! "Guys, help!" she called for her new friends.

Lickboot shut the door on the others, even Ferdinand. They had Robyn right where they wanted her now.

"Leave her alone!" Atticus said, protecting Robyn.

Lickboot took Cherry and Atticus and threw them out too, locking the door. Ferdinand got on top of Atticus and Patch to weigh them down with his gluttonous fat, knowing how strong they were. Robyn screamed from the inside and everyone looked to see the little girl trying to fight the evil adults. This caused for the fire lantern to fall off the table and start a fire inside of the cabin. Robyn shrieked at the flames and there was no other way out, so she ran up the stairs. Atticus and Patch were able to use all their strength and get the fat lazy dog off of them. Tom and Jerry gathered rope and started to climb up to the roof.

"Wait for us, you guys!" Patch called out.

Ferdinand didn't even bother to stop them, he just wanted to be back with his owner. Atticus opened the window and Tom lowered the rope. Robyn grabbed onto it, but it was too much weight and Tom nearly fell into the window. Patch bit on Tom gently and pulled him back the best he could.

"No way you are going down." Patch muffled while pulling Tom back.

Jerry pulled on Patch's tail. Robyn looked down a little anxiously as she was slowly being taken away from the deathly flames. Cherry took Robyn's hands and set her on the roof with them.

"Now what do we do?" Atticus said once they got to the top of the roof and the flames were spreading rather quickly now.

"We'd need a miracle, like a helicopter." Patch said.

As if on cue, a helicopter did in fact come.

"Oh, it's probably a forest ranger!" Cherry said, then waved her hands. "We're over here!"

But it wasn't a ranger...

"Daddy!" Robyn piped up.

"Quick, over here!" Patch howled.

Daddy Starling had just missed them. "Robyn, I'm coming, hang on!" he called to his daughter.

Robyn was just surprised to see her father after so long.

The helicopter was blowing Tom, Jerry, and Patch away just as Robyn's father collected Robyn, Cherry, and Atticus after they hurried and took his hand.

"Oh Daddy, I knew you'd come!" Robyn clutched her father.

"You're safe now, Robyn, I made it." Mr. Starling hugged her back fondly.

Robyn then noticed the animals were left behind. "Wait, no, we can't leave them!"

"They're our friends and one of them is my pet!" Atticus informed.

Tom, Jerry, and Patch tried to stand on the chimney, but it looked like the cabin was going to collapse from the fire. In fact, it did and it was being destroyed. Robyn cried for her animal friends, not wanting them to be left behind after all she had been through. Robyn's Nest had landed in the water and it was no more, but a mere summer memory now. At least the fire was gone now.

"Don't worry, I'll get you to them." Mr. Starling said as he pushed the controls in his helicopter and had them land on the end of the pier.

"Please be alive and please be okay." Atticus prayed.

Mr. Starling took his helicopter in for a landing. He walked closer to his daughter while Cherry and Atticus walked at their own pace. Neither of them could see the animals, so Robyn feared the worst.

"Oh Daddy, they're gone!" Robyn bawled, crying into her dad's shirt.

"Don't cry, Robyn, we'll find them," Mr. Starling promised. "Cherry, Atticus, why don't you go help look while I soothe my baby girl?"

"Yes sir." Cherry agreed, she was really fond of him so far, not only was he really bold and daring, but he was also a very good father, no wonder Robyn was so attached to him.