chapter 10

Not too far away, Captain Kiddie had let the kids come out for the day and explore the carnival, he let them alone as he had to make a personal phone call first.

"Wow, I'm surprised that no one has come here, it looks like a fun place." Atticus said, seeing all of the rides.

"Too bad no one else is here for us to play games." Cherry said as the game booths were totally empty.

"Yeah, this place seems so empty, minus the captain and Squawk being here." Atticus observed.

Robyn looked at the balloons and decided to get one of them. "Kinda cool to have our own carnival though."

Cherry shrugged. "I guess... At least there's no clowns around.... Except for the Captain and his parrot."

"Yeah and besides what kid can say that they had a carnival of their own?" Atticus asked.

"This is really neat," Robyn smiled after she got a green balloon. "Like a fairy land."

"Why don't you guys have a ride on the Ferris wheel?" Captain Kiddie suggested after he finished his phone call. "It's the tallest one in the county!"

"It's the only one in the county!" Squawk scoffed.

"Well, it sure does look like fun." Atticus said.

"I always go to the Ferris wheel first." Cherry even wanted to go on it.

"I love Ferris wheels!" Robyn ran over with her friends.

"You'll love this one," Captain Kiddie smiled as he latched them into a seat together. "You might wanna hold on tight."

"We wouldn't want anything to happen to Robyn Starling." Squawk hinted.

Robyn gasped suddenly. "Wait, how did you know my name?" She had never told him, despite being around the man for a good while.

"Sorry kids, gotta keep you all here until Robyn's aunt arrives here to fetch you all." Captain Kiddie said as he set the Ferris Wheel to make them all go up to the very top and never be let down until Figg would show up.

"We thought you were a nice man!" Atticus yelled at him.

"But I am, my dears!" Captain Kiddie assured them.

"He'll even be nicer with a million smackeroos!" Squawk added.

"Enjoy the ride, my dears!"

"It's on the house!"

"Let us down from here!" Atticus called out.

"Don't send me back to Aunt Figg!" Robyn pleaded. "She hates me! Don't send me back!"

"Relax, look around, you're all on top of the world!" Captain Kiddie encouraged them.

Robyn lost her balloon and she tried to get it, but she almost fell right out of her seat.

"ROBYN!" Cherry grabbed her and set her back up to safety.

"Whew, there's gotta be a way to get out of here before Figg gets here." Atticus said before looking around for a way to get away.

"You better not use your strength... You guys could die..." Cherry warned Atticus.

"Thanks for the warning," Atticus said. " *groans* If only Tom, Patch, and Jerry were here, they could help us out."

Captain Kiddie and Squawk decided to take a nap and left them all up there.

"He can't be serious." Patch whispered.