chapter 9

Meanwhile, Cherry and Robyn were floating on a large piece of wood from one of the discarded rafts and ended up on some kind of shoreline where a man dressed like a ship captain saw them with a green parrot dressed like a sailor puppet on his hand. Him and his puppet were about to pull them out and then saw Atticus.

"Oh, excuse me..." the captain said to Atticus. "Are these yours?" he asked, referring to Cherry and Robyn.

"Well yes, but I think we need to get inside, we've had quiet an experience." Atticus said before getting out of the water and his tail fin turning back to legs.

"Oh, I totally understand..." the captain nodded with a friendly smile. "I'll give you a place to stay... Maybe your little friends would like to have rest in a nice warm bed, huh? Come with me." he then led the way to his place to let them stay for now.

Atticus picked up Cherry and Robyn with the help from his god-like strength helping them inside.

"They'll stay in here for now..." the captain told Atticus after he got a couple of beds for the girls. "You all must be hungry, I got milk and cookies."

"Thank you, sir." Atticus said before setting the girls gently on the beds.

The captain went to get the milk and cookies together after Cherry and Robyn were settled into the twin beds. The girls slept fine for about half an hour and woke up.

"Robyn?" Cherry looked to her, a little surprised.

"Morning, sleepy heads." Atticus said smiling, happy to know that they were alright.

Robyn's blue eyes slowly opened and she let out a yawn. "Atticus...?"

"I'm so relieved that you both are finally awake." Atticus said.

"Where are we?" Cherry looked around.

Robyn looked around too and saw the captain's puppet, giving a startled screech.

"Don't worry, Robyn, he's nice." Atticus assured her.

"It's alive!" the parrot puppet sounded alarmed.

The captain came up then. "Great squabbly waffles!" he then blew a ship whistle. "Avast ye to there, mates!"

"Oh, you frightened me!" Robyn held her covers.

'Maybe her waking up to be see the parrot puppet first wasn't a good idea.' Atticus thought.

"I'm sorry, my dears," the captain replied apologetically. "My first mate doesn't mind his manners sometimes." he then looked firmly to his parrot puppet.

The parrot squawked. "It's a life of wailing with no freedom thanks to me!"

"Pardon him..." the captain mumbled, then smiled to the girls. "How do you feel, little ladies? Are you okay?"

"I'm talking with a man who talks with a bird, I feel great..." Cherry muttered.

Robyn wiped her forehead. "I feel really dizzy..."

"Gave us quite a fright too, ya know," the captain said, still friendly enough for them. "Your friend here helped you and you'd been lying here a few days now!"

"We thought you'd never leave." the parrot added as a joke. Even though it was joke, it was still hurtful.

"Where are we?" Robyn asked.

"You are the lucky guests of Captain Kiddie's!" the captain announced, showing a couple of posters of him with his parrot. "County to county fair! With the pleasure--"

The parrot squawked again loudly and annoyingly.

"Oh yes..." Captain Kiddie rolled his eyes slightly. "My first mate: Squawk."