chapter 2

The next morning, everybody was still sleeping. Except for Cherry, she was already awake, but not eating breakfast, she got waffles together for the boys though.

Patch woke up by the scent of waffles and had a feeling of who was making breakfast. "Cherry must be making breakfast... And it smells delicious." he said then, feeling instantly hungry.

Atticus woke up too and decided to go to the kitchen. Cherry rolled up her sleeves as she cracked some eggs and decided to make those with the waffles. She kept a spatula by her, watching over the eggs and keeping water to make the whites nice and fluffy.

"I'll just have one waffle, I'm going back over to the house before it's demolished." Patch said as he entered the kitchen.

"What...?" Cherry didn't fully understand what he meant, she wasn't fully awake just yet.

"Nothing, never mind, I'll just have one waffle, please." Patch said.

"Ooookay..." Cherry said as she briefly left the eggs to get the waffles out of the toaster. "Any butter or syrup?"

"No, thank you." Patch said, "Just a plain waffle, please."

"Okay..." Cherry said as she got a couple of the mini waffles for him, breaking them apart and set them down with a paper towel for him to eat. "You want us to go with you to see Tom and Jerry? Nothing's really happening today."

"No thanks, I can get there myself." Patch said.

Cherry shrugged as she quickly went back to the eggs and salted and peppered them from what she learned from her mother's culinary skills.

"Then again, I might need some company to keep me, Tom, and Jerry company at the house." Patch said.

"Atticus, breakfast!" Cherry called as loud as she could while scooping the eggs onto a plate with the waffles. "Guess he's sleepier than we thought."

"Yeah." Patch said before howling catching his owners attention, causing for the boy to wake up and run down to the kitchen.

"There you are..." Cherry said as she gave him a plate of messy scrambled eggs with dripping yolk. "Sorry, I don't know how to make any other kind of eggs yet."

"It's alright, as long a I have breakfast, I don't care if it looks messy." Atticus said.

Cherry cleaned up the dishes while the boys ate.

"Aren't you going to eat, Cherry?" Patch asked her.

"Not hungry right now." Cherry said, she didn't eat as much breakfast as she used to.

"Um, okay?" Patch and Atticus said out of confusion as they continued to eat.

Cherry finished washing and dried her hands, she was going to sit with them though until they were done eating. Patch finished his breakfast, waiting for Atticus to be done with his breakfast and was going to bring him and Cherry over to Tom and Jerry. Cherry let out a nasty yawn, but followed them as it quickly got into late afternoon.

It was too late, once they came to see Tom and Jerry, the cat and mouse were looking to their fallen house in sadness and it was nothing but a pile of wood and bricks now. Jerry even let out a cry. Tom wasn't sure what else to do but to walk off and find a new place for himself.

"Guys, I'm so sorry that we couldn't come here sooner," Patch apologized. "So what are you two going to do now?"

Jerry shrugged as he let a tear roll down his cheek.

Cherry bent down and picked up the mouse. "It's okay, dear... We'll work something out... I promise..." she said, very soothingly to the mouse.

Jerry sighed and hugged her thumbs, he then saw Tom was leaving and decided to follow him.