Chapter 3

Into the mountains and even further up into the foliage lies a claimed 'private religious school'.

You and Yuta continue your trek and the two of you take on this incline with ease. The land eventually flattens and a dirt path lined with stone lanterns presents itself.

"Looks like we made it." You say.

"Looks like it."

There's a trickling of water as the two of you cross the moon bridge and onto the campus of Tokyo Prefectural Jujutsu High School.

"Y/N."

"Did you say something?" You look to Yuta.

His eyes meet yours and he does a kind of a half frown, "No?"

"Hm." You look forward again and your brows furrow. You could have sworn you heard something, "Weird."

You roll your neck from side-to-side and the heel of your hand goes to your head briefly. Did you always have this headache? The deeper you went the more intense it seemed to be.

Yuta's eyes hadn't left you, "You okay?"

"Y/N."

You don't answer him. Instead you look up at the trees and then to your immediate surroundings. Then you shove a finger into your ear and you shake it vigorously as if to clean it, "Do you hear that?"

Yuta stops walking and then he looks at you with intense concern, "Hear what?"

"I don't know." And you continue to jiggle your finger inside your ear. There seemed to be a voice but it was very faint and had absolutely no clarity, "I hear something."

Yuta sees the frustration plastered on your face. It worries him, "Are you okay?....."

"I think I'm just tired." And then you sigh, "Shitty sleep."

The two of you continue down the dirt path.

"Do you want to tell me about your dream?" He remembers the five attempts to reach you this morning.

You ponder the subject, "Not really."

It was a repeating dream with no particular meaning aside from the fact that it's a bit creepy. Then you think, maybe it stemmed from your own insecurities.  You brush it off.

Yuta nods and he doesn't press further. The guy worries but he's respectful in that sense. He'll wait till you're ready to share (if you ever do).

"Y/N."

Your feet come to a stop and you survey the area for the second time, "Alright. Not funny anymore. Who's doing that?"

"Who's doing what?" Yuta looks around with curiosity. He sees nothing. He heard nothing.

"Don't mess with me, Okkotsu." You start walking again and you pick up the pace.

"I seriously have no idea what you're talking about." The guy matches your strides, "And stop calling me by my surname."

"Whatever." You waft a hand in the air and you start to think it really may be the lack of sleep, "Let's just get this over with."

It wasn't long until the sloping roofs of the modern day minka's began to come into view.

You shake your head slowly at the increasing throbbing at your temples and the heels of your hands go to your head again. You stop at the end of the dirt path. You wince and your eyes shut. It was almost unbearable now. You make a noise to depict your discomfort. You feel Yuta's hand go to your shoulder. The guy says something to you but you don't hear it.