Chapter 13

Your eyes open to the ceiling above you. The room is bright from the sun seeping through the sheer fabric of the curtains hanging at the windows.

You look to the side where Yuta normally lays. He's not there. Your eyes go to the door but you don't wonder if he'll come walking in at any moment (even if he did, it wouldn't matter. It's technically his room too). Your mind busies itself with the odd dream you had before you woke. You turn your head back to its original position and your unwavering gaze goes back to the ceiling.

"Can I...."

There was a certain wrenching ache in your chest festering as the drowsiness begins to dissipate and the more alert you became. Your fingers go to your lips as your mind replays the scene over and over again. It's currently mid-spring, which is why Oishi Park at Lake Kawaguchi was void of lavender. But yesterday off at a distance, when you were standing in the emptiness, you remember seeing them. You didn't really think much of it then, but far across the grassy field were a myriad of sakura trees with a clearing. Your hand goes to your chest and the fabric of your shirt crinkles beneath the palm of your hand. What is this feeling? This gnawing sensation, it felt extremely intense. It felt emotionally painful. 

"....kiss you?"

You jump up to a sitting position when the door swings open suddenly. There may have even been a quiet gasp that escaped you.

"Did I scare you?" He almost giggles. For something that wasn't even meant to be intentional, the man sounded too proud.

"Ever heard of knocking?" You throw the man a look of irritation for disrupting your privacy.

The mattress sinks a bit as Gojo comes to sit at the edge of the bed next to you. He crosses his leg over the other and leans all his weight onto one arm. He then presses a finger from his free hand onto your nose, "Hope you weren't doing anything naughty.~"

Your eyes roll with great exasperation as you let go of a heavy breath, one you didn't mean to intentionally hold. You're tired, so you leave his intrusive finger alone and you also ignore his stupid, worthless question, "What do you want?"

"Yuta." Gojo puts his hand down onto his lap. He looks around the room briefly before his clothed eyes give you attention again. He lets you know what he wants, "Where might he be?"

"I'm not sure where he is." You say and then you try to hide the sudden nervousness that struck you. After you explained everything to Yuta, you had made him promise you to keep it a secret; only until you were absolutely sure you could share it without causing any potential unfavorable situations. The higher-ups tend to misunderstand a lot and they tend to reprimand harshly, "Wh-why are you looking for him?"

Okkotsu Yuta and Gojo Satoru had known each other much longer than you and Yuta had. They were also related distantly. There was a split second where you may have thought he could have told Gojo despite him promising you. And even if he did go against his word, it's not something you would completely blame him for either given the circumstances; Sukuna Ryomen, after all, is a dangerous curse.

Gojo's lips twists slightly, his eyebrows crease under his blindfold. He pulls back slightly to study your expression better. He's wondering why you grew so tense all of a sudden. It was written all over your face and he could see the strain in your eyes, "Why are you so nervous?"

"Huh??" You didn't know what to say. But you knew if you stroked his ego a bit, it may throw him off from asking other types of questions (questions that actually mattered), "W-well, you, you kind of make me nervous...."

"Oh?" The white-haired sorcerer grins from ear to ear. He adjusts his posture and position. His elbow rests against his thigh and he brings his chin onto a fist. The man excites easy depending on what it is and this is one of them. He's curious to know, "What about me makes you so nervous?~"