Chapter 16

The white noise on the television screen crackles softly.

Fushiguro Megumi groans quietly and his face scrunches before his arms push to the air for a nice stretch. He yawns before his eyes open to a droop. The guy looks around the dimly lit room. He's alone. His slouchy form jolts up to a straight sit.

Yuji no longer sits next to him. The area beside him on this couch is empty. He gets to his feet and hurries to the foot of the stairs and his gaze goes up to see the door wide open.

Yuta turns the corner back to the hallway that leads to your shared room

Yuta turns the corner back to the hallway that leads to your shared room. He stops. The weird energy seems to still be lingering. It's the same one that stirred him awake earlier. He continues to walk and this energy seems to feel much more prominent the closer he gets to the room.

There's heavy pressure and a strange sharpness that the special-grade sorcerer feels once he reaches the door. It only took a few seconds for his body's sympathetic nervous system to stimulate his fight-or-flight response. He kicks the door open. And with so much force that it breaks off the hinges and the entire door flies across the room.

But it's too late.

The intended person that he was aiming for no longer stands by the edge of the bed. The room is empty and the only thing he sees is a pillow fall to the floor.  Yuta curses under his breath. He drops the cup. The water and ice spill onto the ground. The man quickly reaches into his pocket for his phone and his thumb is punching onto the screen rapidly. Your phone begins to ring somewhere inside this room. Yuta curses again. Location sharing also won't aid him now. He shoves his phone back to its previous place before he runs out of the room.

Yuta turns a few corners. At the same time Megumi is turning down the same hallway. Fushiguro had just left Itadori Yuji's room, which also happened to be vacant. They both stop sprinting the second their eyes meet.

"Fushiguro?"

"Okkotsu?"

They watch each other with unwavering gazes. Neither seem to disclose their current predicament.

"Why are you up so late?"

"I could ask you the same."

They continue to stare at each. Just for a moment, unspeaking. And Megumi wonders if perhaps Yuji happens to be with you. But Yuta also wonders the same.

"Have you seen, Itadori?"

"No. Have you seen, Y/n?"

"No."

Yuta remembers the promise he made you. That he wouldn't speak on the things you had mentioned. All the things mentioned about the king curse. But he has a hunch Megumi may know a little bit of something.