Chapter 14

"You're sure about this?"

"I can't say I'm absolutely sure...." Megumi brings a hand to scratch the back of his head, "....its only something I suspect."

There's a classroom somewhere along these grounds with windows looking out to a large grassy field. This well-kept grassy field was used for training purposes.

"Is Yuji aware?"

Megumi's eyes go back to Gojo who currently stands by the windows. The white-haired sorcerers clothed eyes seem to be watching something. Megumi shoves his hands into the pockets of his pants, "No he's not aware. Itadori seems to think they're his dreams."

"They could be." Gojo ponders. His focus is still on something beyond the windows of this empty classroom.

"I guess we can't rule that out completely yet."

Gojo remains quiet. He's likely thinking.

It was all speculation, assumption and theories based off of a couple instances and Itadori Yuji's words. Megumi wasn't one to spew factitious information. He wasn't someone to even speak on ideas unless he had more evidence or substantial data behind his words. Oddly, in this case, all he mostly had was his gut feeling; his intuition.

"I'm not against y/n by any means." Megumi continues to voice his thoughts out loud, "But how do you explain her escaping death twice? Itadori's not doing so well maintaining body control lately. And these sudden onset dreams involving y/n are a bit concerning...."

"Saying you're not against her or having her under your suspicion is already saying that you are."

Megumi grits his teeth. There maybe some slight truth behind Gojo's words on how he feels about the situation. Megumi doesn't know you well enough since you spent most of your years at his sister school in Kyoto. He's also someone who tends to tread much more carefully than most, given history.

"Okay, what if I do?" Megumi doesn't care anymore. At the end of the day, he's not like Itadori Yuji (who tends to want to save everyone). He'll do the right thing for the sake of society and the world if it meant eliminating a person. He's not one to save people over the 'bigger picture'.

"Are you that worried?"

"You've been sending her out with Itadori and Okkotsu. I'm sure you're aware what will happen if Sukuna Ryomen regains all his strength. No one knows what happened except y/n. No one was there with her each time Itadori lost control of his body."

Gojo doesn't look away from the window. Megumi's statement is incorrect. Okkotsu had been there. Maybe towards the latter end but despite getting their late, the man was still there. Gojo remains silent. He suspects Yuta knows something. He also suspects Yuta won't say anything either, because you two were practically inseparable these days. And because he knows who you are to him. He also suspects Yuta may even try to cover up what he knows. But, if Gojo were to ever approach Yuta about it, he has the slightest feeling that Yuta might just tell him everything in hopes to help save you. Because Gojo and Yuta both know the consequences of such actions if you were ever to be found guilty of the impending charges against you (if it ever happens).

"I think you should have a little more faith." Gojo always believed in his colleagues, students and friends.

"It's not that I don't have faith. It's always been about actions over words. Y/n hasn't proven to me that she's not trustworthy yet." Megumi shifts his weight from one side of his body to the other, "All I'm saying is, all it takes is one."

"One?" Gojo's arms come out of their cross. The man might be following the raven-hairs train of thought but he wants to hear Megumi say it himself. He shoves his hands into his pockets and his attention hasn't left the outside this entire time.