chapter 6: Overture

As Charlie finishes narrating, she closes a book titled "The Story of Hell" and looks out to Pentagram City.

Charlie: "Don't worry, Mom. I'll make you proud."

Charlie soberly looks out the window to Pentagram City burning to the ground, just as Vaggie comes into the room.

Vaggie: "Charlie?"

The key Charlie is holding transforms into KeeKee who scampers away, and Charlie turns to Vaggie in surprise.

Charlie: "Aah! Oh, shit. Did you hear all that?"

Vaggie: "Uh, yeah. I was right there."

Charlie: "Sorry. I get pre-tty worked up after an extermination happens. The story helps..."

Vaggie: [chuckles] "Don't worry. I enjoy your theatrics. Are you okay?" [sits down with Charlie]

Charlie: "I'm fine. Just... thinking, ya' know? Family stuff."

Vaggie: "Did you hear from your mom?"

Charlie: [shakes her head in dismay.]

Vaggie: "Oof... how long has it been now?"

Charlie: "Not that long, only...seven....
years, off doing something important, I'm sure! But, this kingdom was something she really cared about. Something I care about."

Vaggie: "Well, at least you're not alone."

Charlie: "I just hope that what I'm trying to do here will work."

Vaggie: "It will. I have faith in you."

KeeKee leaps into Charlie's arms as Vaggie stands up.

Vaggie: "Alright, come on. Alastor says he has something to show us."

As Vaggie leaves, a loud bell rings throughout the city, and Charlie turns to the Bell Tower at Heaven Embassy. She looks on with sadness, knowing that it's another year before the Extermination comes again.

Alastor: [turns off the television.]
"So, what do you think?"

On the couch, Charlie and Vaggie were surprised of the commercial being poorly misleading and very offensive to their nature, that Vaggie throws a fit at Alastor.

Vaggie: "I'm sorry. What the fuck was that?"

Charlie: "Uh, Yeah. One note, Alastor, I mean, first off, thank you so much for making this seriously amazing, but um, maybe the tone is a bit off. We want people to want to come here. This makes it look, um..."

Vaggie: "Bad. The word you're looking for is bad."

Alastor: "Funny. I was going for hilarious."