chapter 17: Dont have a good name

In the bustling halls of the Hazbin Hotel, Angel Dust goes about his daily routine, trying to find solace in the familiar surroundings of the hotel. But as he goes about his tasks, a dark cloud looms over him, the looming presence of his former boss and abuser, Valentino.

Just as Angel is trying to push aside the memories of his troubled past, his phone rings with an unwelcome caller ID. Valentino. With a heavy heart and a sense of dread, Angel reluctantly answers the call, knowing that he has no choice but to obey his former boss's commands. Charlie, sensing Angel's unease, approaches him with concern etched on her face.

Charlie: "Angel, are you okay? You seem... tense."

Angel forces a smile, trying to mask his inner turmoil.

Angel: "Yeah, Charlie, I'm fine. Just... got some work to do."

But Charlie can see through his facade, her intuition telling her that something is amiss.

Charlie: "Are you sure? I could ask Alastor to go with you, just to make sure everything's okay."

Angel hesitates for a moment, considering Charlie's offer, but then remembers Alastor's previous indifference to his plight.

Angel: "Thanks, Charlie, but I think I'll be fine on my own."

Charlie's brow furrows with concern, but she nods understandingly, knowing that Angel needs to face his demons in his own way.

Charlie: "Alright, just... be careful, okay?"

As Angel heads off to meet with Valentino, Charlie turns to Alastor, hoping that he might offer some assistance.

Charlie: "Alastor, could you go with Angel? Just to make sure he's okay?"

Alastor looks at Charlie with a wicked grin, his eyes gleaming with mischief.

Alastor: "Oh, my dear Charlie, I'm afraid I must decline. I would much rather stay here and watch the show unfold from afar. After all, what's a little abuse between associates?"

Charlie's jaw drops in shock at Alastor's callous response, but she quickly regains her composure, her determination to protect Angel unwavering.

Charlie: "Fine, then. Ray, I need you to go with Angel and make sure nothing goes wrong."

Ray nods solemnly, understanding the gravity of the situation, and follows after Angel as he reluctantly heads off to face his past once more.

As Ray arrives at Valentino's filming studio alongside Angel, his senses are immediately met with the glitz and glamour of the entertainment industry. But amidst the flashing lights and bustling activity, something catches his eye.  a sleek black limousine parked near the entrance, with none other than Vox, the infamous media mogul, seated inside.

As Ray approaches Vox's limousine, he takes in the sight of the media mogul with a nonchalant demeanor, unfazed by Vox's status as an Overlord. Despite knowing who Vox is, Ray simply doesn't care about his celebrity status or his dealings in the underworld.

Vox: "Well, Well. How's the weather folks."

Before Ray can respond, the sound of approaching footsteps draws his attention, and he turns to see Valentino emerging from the shadows, his expression dark and stormy.

Valentino: "Well, well, well. Look who decided to put his selfish ass back."

Ray stands his ground, unfazed by Valentino's hostility as he meets the Overlord's gaze with a steely glare.

Ray: "Just here to make sure nothing goes wrong, Valentino. No need to get your fur ruffled."

Valentino bristles with anger, but before he can unleash his fury upon Ray, Vox intervenes with a calm and collected demeanor.