Chapter 1

'Me. Wick? I haven't seen you in a while'.

You smile at him as he approaches the counter, two books in his hand.

'Yes, I've been on a small business trip'.

'And finally you're back. Glad to be back?'

'Very'.

He passed the books to you, 'this is a shot in the dark. But would you recommend these two?'
You examine the books and sighed, 'damn, I haven't read these... Though they do seem quite interesting'.

'So, you recommend them then?'

You nod quickly and he returns a smile, 'well then, I'll get those two'.
You put them through and pass the receipt to him, 'let me know how the books are', he smiles and nods, 'I will, have a good day Miss (L/N)'.
You watch him leave the store and you sign in relief, he's gone, the nervousness was no longer there.
John Wick was a good looking man, a polite one as well. You could see that you weren't the only one who had your eyes set on him though. There were a couple of girls that you knew who liked him but you didn't like them. Especially when they found out that you had the same feelings.

What is this? Fucking Highschool?

You thought about the books that Wick had bought, maybe I can find them online? I could read through them myself.
You weren't the one to copy anyone else, but after seeing those books in his hands, you were interested.
You look up from the screen when the door opened and you tried your best not to groan in annoyance.
The one man who you didn't want to have anything to do with.

'Michael, what a surprise'.

You say through clenched teeth and luckily he didn't seem to notice.
He gave you a wide smile and leaned against the counter, winking at you.

'How's my little girl?'

'I'm not little, and I'm fine thanks'.

'Really? Those girls haven't been giving you a hard time?'

'Touch wood, don't jinx it'.

He looked back at the door, 'say uh, how about we go out for dinner tonight? If you're free?'

Shit.

'Uh... Well I'm not free tonight sorry?'

'How about tomorrow?'

'Neither tomorrow'.

Michael frowned, 'wow, you must be busy- how about this, why don't you let me know when you're free? How about that?'
You give him a small smile, 'yeah, that actually would be easier, thanks'.
You hear a ringtone and Michael quickly answers his phone, 'ah, duty calls, I'll see you later (Y/N)', winks at you before heading out.

Jesus Christ.