Chapter 8

When you came to you found yourself in a room. You instantly recognised it to be a hotel room.

What the fuck?!

You were up in seconds, the last thing you remembered was being in John's arms, he had pricked you with a needle which made you pass out, that asshole!
You heard a knock on the door and you quickly move over to the side, waiting for the person to walk through.
Right as they did, you sprung on them. The person grunted and fell forward but quickly caught themselves.

'Fuck you!'

You yell but then realised who you were attacking, 'John!' You get off his back and back away, you shouldn't be shocked but you were.
John rubbed his shoulder and smiled, 'I should have known you would do something like that, I'm impressed', you scoff at him, 'you're ridiculous- you injected me with something!' You snap at him and John's smile was gone, a look of remorse replaced it, 'I'm sorry, I had no choice, you wouldn't have come with Marcus and I'.
You know he was right but you hated him for it, 'look, I need to talk to Marcus- unless you know more about me?'
John went back and locked the door which worried you.

'I knew your parents, quite some time ago. They were... They lived here as well, that's how I knew them'.

'Marcus said that special people lived here... What does he mean by special?'

John sighed, 'assassins... He means assassins'.

Your blood ran cold, 'you're... An assassin?' Seeing John nod scared you.

'I'm sorry (Y/N), please don't be afraid of me, I'm not going to hurt you'.

'How can I trust you?'

'I don't expect you to trust me, but you don't have a choice, I'm sorry but you have to stay here'.

'And what will happen if I don't stay here?'

'Then those people who shot up your house will be able to get to you'.

The mere thought of that made you sick to the stomach, 'so... I'm alone'.
John shook his head, 'not if you let me help you, I'm your best shot at survival'.
You didn't like this one bit, but Kohn was able to transport you safely to The Continental, then you could trust him just a little.

'Alright... Alright, I'll stay, but you need to tell me more about my past because for some reason I can't remember much! And I'm getting frustrated!'

'I know why you can't remember'.

'Oh? Well this is gonna be very interesting'.

Winston Scott looked quite intimidating the moment you saw him, with his slicked back hair and sharp droopy eyes. You look back at John in nervousness and he shook his head.

Everything will be fine.

'(Y/N), I'm sorry we have to meet this way, my name is Winston Scott, please take a seat'.

You hesitate before sitting down across from the older man who spoke once more, 'I'm sorry about your home, but I'm glad that you were out having dinner, you saved yourself'.

'I guess you're right'.

'I can only guess that you want to know about your past and why you can't remember?'

'Yeah, I would love that'.

Winston held out a file and you took it from him, opening up you read through the profile.

'This is... About me, this is a file about me and my parents'.

'The reason why you can't remember is because you had surgery'.

'Surgery?'

Winston nodded, 'you had gotten hurt and you needed immediate surgery which ended up causing memory loss'.

What the fuck?

You reached up and felt around the top of your head, 'how the hell did I hurt myself?'
Winston cleared his throat, 'there was an ambush, an explosion, which you had been caught in, you were hurt'.

'Who hurt me?'

'Their name is Celine Devon'.

'So she's still alive?'

'Yes, she's an old enemy... Of John's'.

You look back at John who had turned his head away, almost like he was ashamed, 'so, I knew John before- wait! How on earth was I able to live across the fucking road from you!'
You look back at Winston in shock and judging by the look the man's face you realised something.

'Oh god... This was all planned, you guys were spying on me. John's been following me?'

Winston sighed, 'we had to, it was what your parents wanted. We didn't do it as much as we're doing it now, but after this attack? We have to take action'.

Oh god.